Zocon 400mg Tablet
Zocon 400 MG Description
Zocon 400 Tablet contains Fluconazole, which is an antifungal. It helps to treat infections by preventing the growth of fungi by disrupting its cellular enzymes essential for cell membrane formation
in the fungi. The most common side effects of this medicine include stomach pain, headache, blurred vision, dizziness and nausea. Take this medicine in dose as recommended by your doctor. Do not abruptly stop this medicine as it may increase the risk of reinfection. Individuals with kidney, liver and heart disorders should take this medicine with caution as it may worsen their conditions. Please inform your doctor about your health condition before taking the medicine.
- Af 400mg Strip Of 1 TabletsBy Systopic Laboratories1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 25.60₹ 21.7633% CHEAPER₹ 21.76/Tablet
- Flutas 400mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.85₹ 33.02₹ 33.02/Tablet
- Flucos 400mg Tab 1'sBy Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.74₹ 38.74₹ 38.74/Tablet
- Onecan 400mg Strip Of 2 TabletsBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals2 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.13₹ 59.619% CHEAPER₹ 29.81/Tablet
- Faze 400mg TabletBy Megha Healthcare Private Limited1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.52₹ 26.5219% CHEAPER₹ 26.52/Tablet
- Force 400mg Tab 1'sBy Zee Laboratories Ltd1 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 40.00₹ 40.00₹ 40.0/Tablet
Uses of Zocon 400 MG
Contraindications of Zocon 400 MG
- You are allergic to Fluconazole or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- You are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Zocon 400 MG
- Increased liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Liver damage (loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of your skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Zocon 400 MG
- Fluconazole is unsafe during pregnancy. You should not take Fluconazole if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. During pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage while large doses may cause severe birth defects....
- If you are taking Fluconazole, then use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
- You may experience dizziness or fits while taking this medicine.
- If you experience any of these, you should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Mode of Action of Zocon 400 MG
How Does It Work?
- It blocks the formation of the cell membrane of the fungus by inhibiting an enzyme.
- Thus the fungi stop multiplying or die because of the non-formation of the complete cell membrane.
- It is not effective against virus or bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zocon 400 MG
- Zocon 400 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zocon 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Zocon 400 Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. ...
- Especially if you are taking medicines like other antibiotics, anticoagulants like warfarin, anti-cancer medicines, anti-hypertensives like nifedipine, losartan, painkillers, immunosuppressives like Ciclosporin, Medicines for heart-related disorders like amiodarone, quinidine etc. ...
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are contraceptive pills, anti-depressants like lithium, anti-epileptic medicines, anti-diabetic medicines etc.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Zocon 400 MG
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zocon 400 MG
- Symptoms of overdose may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour).
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose, or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Zocon 400 Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- This medicine can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.