Zincofer tablets are used to treat & prevent various types of anaemia. It also helps prevent iron, folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and zinc deficiencies. It contains vitamin B9 (folic acid), vitamin B12, iron, zinc and vitamin B6 required for optimal health of the body. It should be taken as recommended by the doctor.
|You Save||₹6.96 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(1.0 Mg) + Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(1.5 Mg) + Zinc(20.0 Mg) + Ferrous Fumarate(300.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(5.0 Mcg)|
Uses of ZINCOFER TABLET
- Zincofer tablets are used for the treatment and prevention of different forms of anaemia.
- It aids in iron, folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and zinc deficiencies during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
- It is also used as a dietary supplement.
Ingredients and Benefits of ZINCOFER TABLET
- Zincofer tablets contain vitamin B6, vitamin B9 (folic acid), vitamin B12, iron and zinc.
- Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: It is an essential vitamin that plays a vital role in DNA and the synthesis of amino acids. It is used for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of the brain and spinal cord of a growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy leads to birth defects....
- Vitamin B12: It is essential for the brain and nerves for the production of red blood cells and DNA synthesis. It plays a significant role in protein and fat metabolism, fertility and the functioning of hormones. It is available in different forms like Cyanocobalamin, Methylcobalamin and Adenosylcobalamin....
- Iron: It is a mineral the body requires. It is essential for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in the red blood cells). Hb takes oxygen from the lungs to the body. It is a part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to the muscles. It is important for immunity, the formation of certain hormones and regulating body temperature....
- Zinc: It is for immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid functions, proper vision and the proper growth and development during childhood, adolescence and pregnancy. It is used for insulin production in the body. Deficiency in pregnancy leads to preterm delivery, low-birth-weight and malformations in the baby. It is required for taste and smell....
- Pyridoxine or vitamin B6: It is required by the body for utilising and storing energy from protein and carbohydrates. It is also necessary for the formation of blood cells.
Precautions and Warnings of ZINCOFER TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have an existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problems.
- You are taking medications, supplements or following complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You must not take a Zincofer tablet if you are allergic to any of its components.
- You have a planned surgery or operation. You may have to stop taking the products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and must not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of ZINCOFER TABLET
- Take Zincofer tablets as advised by the doctor.
- You must not consume vitamin and mineral supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
- Avoid taking it with tea or coffee.
Storage and disposal of ZINCOFER TABLET
- Zincofer tablets should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can it be harmful if I take Zincofer tablets more than recommended?
Q: How to take a Zincofer tablet?
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Folate [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Iron [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B6 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Zinc [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]