Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zerodol Th Tablet contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. It is a painkiller. Zerodol Th Tablet is used to provide symptomatic relief from the pain caused mainly due to muscle spasm. It also helps to provide relief from sprains, strain, muscle ache and musculoskeletal pain. This medicine acts by inhibiting the transfer of pain signal in the brain centre. Zerodol Th Tablet should not be used in people with stomach ulcers, kidney or liver or heart problem. This medicine can sometimes cause stomach discomforts and irritation. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor and do not take it for a longer duration than prescribed as there is a risk of bleeding and ulcers with this medicine.
Uses of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
Zerodol Th Tablet is used to treat the pain caused by muscle spasms.
Contraindications of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Aceclofenac, Thiocolchicoside or any of the ingredient of Zerodol Th Tablet.
- If you have a history of serious allergies like asthma, skin rashes, swelling, etc. in response to painkillers.
- If you have or had stomach bleeding problems due to painkillers.
- If you have kidney and liver failure.
- If you have heart problems or heart failure.
- If you are losing blood or have bleeding disorders.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are a woman of childbearing age and not using contraception.
- This medicine may impair your fertility thus should not be used by women trying to conceive.
Side effects of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Stomach bleeds
- Mouth ulcer
- Skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
Can I take Zerodol Th Tablet during pregnancy?
Zerodol Th Tablet should not be used by pregnant women as it may cause harm to the baby such as malformations, birth disabilities, kidney and heart problems in the growing baby. This medicine can also delay labour and cause bleeding defects in pregnant women. Consult your doctor for further information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Zerodol Th Tablet while breastfeeding?
Zerodol Th Tablet passes into breast milk. Thus, breastfeeding is not recommended when you are taking this medicine as it can harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zerodol Th Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking Zerodol Th Tablet. It is advised not to drive if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Zerodol Th Tablet?
It would be best if you avoid the intake of alcohol with Zerodol Th Tablet. It may affect your brain and you may feel dizzy, difficulty in breathing, slow heart rate and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from lung disorders like asthma, this medicine can worsen it.
- You have heart and associated problems like heart failure, low blood pressure and bleeding in the brain.
- You have a kidney and liver function problem.
- You are suffering from cardiovascular disorders like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- You have stomach ulcers and a bleeding problem.
- You have systemic lupus erythematous (SLE), a condition that affects skin tissue.
- You have serious allergy problems and skin-related allergic reaction.
- You are trying to conceive a baby, this medicine should not be used in such cases.
- You have a history of any kind of blood disorder like anaemia.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for a prolonged time, it can affect liver and kidney functions.
- You have diarrhoea after taking this medicine, you should stop this medicine immediately.
- You experience fits or are prone to get fits.
Mode of Action of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Zerodol Th Tablet works by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain and swelling. It relaxes muscle spasms and helps in alleviating muscle stiffness.
Directions for Use of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
Zerodol Th Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Zerodol Th Tablet contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. Thus any interaction associated with any one of these can happen with this combination.
- Increased risk of stomach bleeding, if you take other pain killers, steroids, antidepressants like Fluoxetine or Clopidogrel along with this medicine.
- This medicine interferes with the way medicines for high blood pressure works like Enalapril, Captopril and water pill.
- Concomitant use of Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus (used in organ transplant) can lead to serious kidney damage.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding if this medicine is taken along with other medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience fluctuations in blood sugar if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like Glimepiride or Metformin.
- Do not take Zerodol Th Tablet, if you have taken Mifepristone lately (within 2 weeks).
- This medicine can worsen the heart failure problem if taken with medicine for heart failure like Digoxin.
- You may experience fits if you are taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin and Ofloxacin.
- Other medicines like Lithium, Methotrexate and Zidovudine.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety and pain like Clonazepam, Zolpidem and Alprazolam.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zerodol Th 8mg Tablet
- An overdose of Zerodol Th Tablet may lead to serious kidney and liver problems.
- Symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and discomfort, stomach bleeding, mental disturbances, excitation, coma, drowsiness, dizziness, ringing sound in ears, low blood pressure, breathing problems, fainting and sometimes fits.read less
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Being a diabetic, do I need to take any precautions before taking Zerodol Th Tablet?
A: Yes, you may experience an episode of low blood glucose. If you experience headaches, irritability, sweating, hunger pangs, increased heartbeats and dizziness, immediately consume juice or sugar. Inform the same to your doctor as you may require a change in the dose of diabetes medicine.
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Zerodol Th Tablet?
A: No, it is not safe. You should consult a doctor because concomitant use of painkillers can cause side effects.
Q: Is Zerodol Th Tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes,Zerodol Th Tablet is a painkiller used to provide symptomatic relief from the pain associated with muscle spasm.
Q: Can Zerodol Th Tablet be used for back pain?
A: Yes, Zerodol Th Tablet can be used to provide relief from back pain.
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:32 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved