Zepam Md 0.25mg Tablets
Zepam Md 0.25 MG Description
Zepam Md Tablet is a prescription medication used in the treatment of anxiety, mood disorders and epilepsy(seizures). It has clonazepam as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of benzodiaze
pine medicines(manages anxiety). It is also a tranquilliser. By increasing the action of certain chemical messengers, it reduces the neurological activity in the brain. Anxiety and other mood disorders affect the way you feel and lower the quality of life. Sometimes they are also accompanied by major depressive disorder. Epilepsy is a disorder caused due to excess activity of the brain. Zepam Md Tablet helps stabilise mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. Some of the common side effects of Zepam Tablet are fatigue, depression, dizziness, etc. It also can cause behavioural changes and increase the tendency of suicidal thoughts. It also causes physical and mental dependency if used for long term. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
|You Save||₹2.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, seizure disorder, panic disorder|
|Side effects||dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, blurred vision, muscle pain, difficulty speaking, increased salivation, suicidal thoughts.|
Uses of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Zepam Md tablets are used for,
- Treatment of comorbid depression, anxiety and panic disorder.
- Treatment of certain types of seizure disorders or epilepsy.
Contraindications of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of Zepam Md Tablet.
- If you have a serious liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
- If you have any history of substance or alcohol abuse.
- If you have been diagnosed with narrow-angle glaucoma, an eye condition, it will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye.
- If you have been diagnosed with respiratory diseases, this medicine causes excess secretions.
- If your work involves driving or operating heavy machinery.
Side effects of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased salivation
Precautions and Warnings of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are consuming any herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St John’s wort, a herbal medicine that helps manage depression.
- You have a dental procedure or a surgery scheduled.
- You have self-harmful or suicidal thoughts after taking Zepam Tablet.
- You conceive or are planning a pregnancy during the course of medicine.
- You experience persistent or worsening side effects.
- Your work requires steady focus, this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
Mode of Action of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
- Take the Zepam Md 0.25 mg Tablet exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take Zepam Tablet as a whole, with a glass of water.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Do not take Zepam Md Tablet with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Zepam Md 0.25 mg Tablet interacts with many medicines. Inform your doctor about all medicines you are currently using.
- Do not use opiates or narcotic painkillers like oxycodone, codeine, fentanyl, tramadol, etc., with this tablet. Taking these with Zepam Tablet can cause serious adverse effects.
- If you are using antibiotics, antihistamines, antifungals, inform your doctor, as the dose may need to be adjusted.
- If you are using other sedatives or antidepressant medicines, the reactions between them can cause unwanted effects.
Interactions with food items
- Zepam Md 0.25 mg Tablet does not have any adverse reactions with food. You can take this tablet with or without food. However, if you are experiencing any stomach issues, take it after eating food.
Storage and disposal of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
Dosage of Zepam Md 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I take a Zepam Md 0.25 mg Tablet?
Q: Can I use the Zepam Md 0.25 mg Tablet as a sleeping pill?
Q: Will I experience any dependency if I take Zepam Md 0.25 mg Tablet every day?
- Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022Jan17]. Available from:
- Wang S-M, Kim J-B, Sakong JK, Suh H-S, Oh KS, Woo J-M, et al. The Efficacy and Safety of Clonazepam in Patients with Anxiety Disorder Taking Newer Antidepressants: A Multicenter Naturalistic Study [Internet]. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience : the official scientific journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology; 2016 [cited 2022Jan17]. Available from: