Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets Description
Zenflox-OZ tablet is an antibiotic and is used in adults to treat diarrhoea of mixed infection. It is a combination of medicines containing ofloxacin and ornidazole as an active ingredient. Zenflox-O
Z tablet works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and killing the infection-causing bacteria. Avoid using this tablet if you are allergic to it or are suffering from muscle weakness. Take this medicine for the prescribed duration. Always complete the entire course of tab Zenflox OZ, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and increase risk of reinfection. You may experience severe side effects of Zenflox OZ such as tendon ruptures, peripheral neuropathy (pins, needles and abnormal pain sensations). In case you experience any of this, discontinue this medicine and inform your doctor.
|Contains||Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)|
- Onoff Oz TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 133.70₹ 113.669.83% CHEAPER₹ 11.37/Tablet
- Oflotas Oz TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.00₹ 91.6627.28% CHEAPER₹ 9.17/Tablet
- Phoflox Oz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 65.4548.06% CHEAPER₹ 6.55/Tablet
- Ornamac TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.00₹ 141.81₹ 14.18/Tablet
- Ordent TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 169.50₹ 144.07₹ 14.41/Tablet
- Ornof Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.85₹ 121.423.73% CHEAPER₹ 12.14/Tablet
- Orni O Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 102.0019.11% CHEAPER₹ 10.20/Tablet
- Zorno TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.45₹ 93.0326.25% CHEAPER₹ 9.30/Tablet
- Winoff Oz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Winway Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 145.00₹ 123.252.22% CHEAPER₹ 12.33/Tablet
- Nor Metrogyl Plus Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lekar Pharma Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.71₹ 82.2034.81% CHEAPER₹ 8.22/Tablet
Uses of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Contraindications of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or ornidazole or any of the ingredients of the Zenflox-OZ tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone (like ciprofloxacin, gemifloxacin, levofloxacin).
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If you are less than 18 years old.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture(serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience pain in tendons (tendinitis), discontinue the Zenflox-OZ tablet, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately.
- You have problems with your kidney or heart.
- You notice blood in your stools.
- You have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this tablet.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- You have myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness), the Zenflox-OZ tablet can worsen it.
- You have a history of fits.
- You feel restlessness, light-headedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- You experience any allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Zenflox-OZ tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Zenflox-OZ tablet works against the infection-causing bacteria as a combined mechanism of its two components.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus inhibits their growth.
- Ornidazole gets converted into an active form in the body which interacts with bacterial DNA, inhibits protein synthesis and leads to cell death.
Directions for Use of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Zenflox-OZ tablet contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Hence, any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids, containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this tablet.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs like aspirin, diclofenac), can increase the chance of fits.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline.
- Increased chances of bleeding can occur if this tablet is taken along with Warfarin (blood thinner).
- Your blood sugar level can drop if you take Zenflox-OZ tablets concomitantly with insulin, glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed.
- Other medicines like Lithium (used to treat psychiatric illness), Phenytoin and Phenobarbital (used to treat fits or epilepsy), Cimetidine (used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcers) should be used with caution along with Zenflox-OZ tablets....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Dosage of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include sleepiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, swelling of the face, numbness, slurring of speech and confusion.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too many of Zenflox-OZ tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while on treatment with Zenflox-OZ tablet?
Q: For how many days do I need to take Zenflox-OZ tablet?
Q: Does Zenflox-OZ tablet interact with other medicines?
Q: Is Zenflox-OZ tablet effective?
Q: Can I give Zenflox-OZ tablet to my 16 years old son?
Q: Are Zenflox OZ and norfloz OZ same?
Q: Can Zenflox OZ be taken for the long term?
Q: Can we take Zenflox Oz on an empty stomach?
Q: What is the side effect of Zenflox Oz?
Q: What is the function of Zenflox OZ?
Q: Can Zenflox OZ tablets be used for dysentery?
- OFLOX-OZ Tablets (Ofloxacin + Ornidazole) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Ofloxacin/Ornidazole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Lactmed - Ofloxacin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Ornidazole Tablets 500mg [Internet]. Medsafe.govt.nz. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]
- Ornidazole: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 8 April 2022]