Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Zenfloz-OZ Tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines - Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. It is used in adults to treat diarrhoea of mixed infection. Zenfloz-OZ Tablet works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and killing the infection-causing bacteria. Avoid using the Zenfloz-OZ tablet if you are allergic to it or are suffering from muscle weakness. Components of this tablet are associated with severe side effects such as tendon ruptures, peripheral neuropathy (pins, needles and abnormal pain sensations). In case you experience any of this, discontinue this medicine and inform your doctor.
Uses of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Zenfloz-OZ Tablet is used to treat diarrhoea of mixed infection in adults.
Contraindications of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or Ornidazole or any of the ingredients of the Zenfloz-OZ tablet.
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone (like ciprofloxacin, gemifloxacin, levofloxacin).
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- If you have problems related to the tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding.
- If you are less than 18 years old.
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture(serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Can I take the Zenfloz-OZ Tablet during pregnancy?
Zenfloz-OZ Tablets should be avoided during pregnancy, as it may harm your baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Zenfloz-OZ Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of the Zenfloz-OZ tablet can pass into breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zenfloz-OZ Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination after taking Zenfloz-OZ tablets. Avoid driving if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Zenfloz-OZ Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with the Zenfloz-OZ tablets, as it may worsen the side effect of this medicine like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience pain in tendons (tendinitis), discontinue the Zenfloz-OZ Tablet, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately.
- You have problems with your kidney or heart.
- You notice blood in your stools.
- You have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this tablet.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor.
- You have myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness), the Zenfloz-OZ Tablet can worsen it.
- You have a history of fits.
- You feel restlessness, light-headedness, confusion or hallucinations.
- You experience any allergic reactions like fever or rashes.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Zenfloz-OZ tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Zenfloz-OZ tablet works against the infection-causing bacteria as a combined mechanism of its two components.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus inhibits their growth.
- Ornidazole gets converted into an active form in the body which interacts with bacterial DNA, inhibits protein synthesis and leads to cell death.
Directions for Use of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Take Zenfloz-OZ tablets as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken in doses and frequency as prescribed by your doctor and should not be taken for a duration longer than prescribed.
Interactions of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Zenfloz-OZ tablet contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Hence, any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids, containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this tablet.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs like aspirin, diclofenac), can increase the chance of fits.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline.
- Increased chances of bleeding can occur if this tablet is taken along with Warfarin (blood thinner).
- Your blood sugar level can drop if you take Zenfloz-OZ tablets concomitantly with insulin, glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed.
- Other medicines like Lithium (used to treat psychiatric illness), Phenytoin and Phenobarbital (used to treat fits or epilepsy), Cimetidine (used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcers) should be used with caution along with Zenfloz-OZ tablets.read less
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the way Zenfloz-OZ tablet works. It can be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
Store Zenfloz-OZ tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Zenflox Oz Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include sleepiness, hot and cold flashes, nausea, dizziness, swelling of the face, numbness, slurring of speech and confusion.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Zenfloz-OZ tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Zenfloz-OZ tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while on treatment with Zenfloz-OZ Tablet?
- You should avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Always wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- You need to be hydrated.
Q: For how many days do I need to take Zenfloz-OZ Tablet?
A: Take Zenfloz-OZ tablets as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Q: Does Zenfloz-OZ Tablet interact with other medicines?
A: Yes, Zenfloz-OZ Tablet can interact with other medicines like antacids, multivitamins, cimetidine, warfarin and some antidiabetic medicines.
Q: Is Zenfloz-OZ Tablet effective?
A: Zenfloz-OZ Tablet is effective when taken in dose and duration advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Complete the course which has been given by your doctor.
Q: Can I give Zenfloz-OZ Tablet to my 16 years old son?
A: Zenfloz-OZ tablet is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Last Updated on: 23 Oct 2020 | 11:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved