Zenflox 400mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zenflox Tablet is an antibiotic used in certain bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin as its active ingredient. It is not to be used in viral infections like flu,cold etc. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can result in failure of therapy. You should also tell your doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you are suffering from, before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹27.03 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sleeping disorder, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(400.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zenflox 400mg Tablet
Uses of Zenflox 400 MG
Zenflox Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Zenflox 400 MG
If you are allergic to ofloxacin or any medicines from fluoroquinolone class of medicines and any other ingredients of Zenflox Tablet.
Side effects of Zenflox 400 MG
- Stomach pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Itchy skin
Precautions and Warnings of Zenflox 400 MG
Can I take Zenflox Tablet during pregnancy?
Due to limited information available on its safety, it is not recommended in pregnancy.
Can I take Zenflox Tablet while breastfeeding?
Zenflox Tablet can pass into human breast milk and can harm baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zenflox Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine. You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Zenflox Tablet?
You should not drink alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, tendons, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety etc. during the treatment.
- You experience any allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection after taking Zenflox Tablet.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver related problems, diabetes, or any kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Zenflox 400 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zenflox 400 MG
- Take this medicine as per the directions of the doctor.
- Swallow the whole medicine with a glass of water.
Interactions of Zenflox 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Zenflox Tablet, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antacids, painkillers, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate used to reduce stomach acid should be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Zenflox 400 MG
- Store Zenflox Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Zenflox 400 MG
If you have taken too much of this medicine than prescribed, then it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, hot and cold flushes etc. Contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital in case of overdose and you experience any of such symptoms....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Zenflox Tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of Zenflox Tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccuring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: Any specific caution is needed when taking Zenflox Tablet?
A: When on treatment with Zenflox Tablet, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: What is the dosage of Zenflox Tablet?
A: Zenflox Tablet should be taken only after consulting the doctor. You should take this medicine in doses, frequency and duration as per the doctor’s advice.
Q: Is Zenflox Tablet habit forming?
A: No, habit-forming tendencies have not been reported with Zenflox Tablet.