Zenflox 400mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zenflox 400mg Tab fights against bacteria in the body. It is prescribed to treat infections like pneumonia and bronchitis, and some kinds of diarrhoea that are caused due to bacterial infection.
Uses of Zenflox 400mg Tab
- Cysts formed in the bladder
- Kidney infections brought on by the bacterium E.coli
- Inflammation in urethra
- Skin infections including infections from wounds, abscesses, cellulitis
- Bronchitis and pneumonia
- Digestive tract disorders like traveller's diarrhoea
Contraindications of Zenflox 400mg Tab
- Sensitivity to similar class or family of drugs
- Myasthenia gravis
- Kidney ailments including transplants
- Heart problems like transplants, arrythmias or bradycardia
- Epilepsy or seizures
Side effects of Zenflox 400mg Tab
- Stomach problems including cramps, sudden pains and diarrhoea or bloody stools are among the most common Zenflox 400mg Tab side effects
- Skin problems like rashes and irritation
- Elevated heart rates, very rapid or slow breathing, chest and head pain, giddiness and fainting spells
- Pressure to the skull or cranium manifesting as headaches, pain in and behind the eyes and visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Zenflox 400mg Tab
Can I take Zenflox 400mg Tab during pregnancy?
Zenflox 400mg Tab for bacterial infections is best avoided if you are pregnant. Ensure you consult the doctor first.
Can I take Zenflox 400mg Tab while breastfeeding?
The medicine passes on to the nursing child very easily through breast milk. It should not be taken while nursing.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zenflox 400mg Tab?
Activities like driving or using of machinery must be avoided in case you feel any signs of sleepiness or giddiness following consumption.
Can I consume alcohol with Zenflox 400mg Tab?
Since the consumption of alcohol may cause feelings of drowsiness or dizziness, it is best avoided when on medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- There is limited data available.
Mode of Action of Zenflox 400mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The medicine belongs to the family of medicines known as fluoroquinolones that typically inhibit the growth of bacteria, curing its symptoms. However they cannot be used to treat viral infections.
Directions for Use of Zenflox 400mg Tab
Zenflox 400mg Tab dosage must be followed carefully based on advice from your physician. It is important to follow instructions carefully and ensure proper completion of the course. While the medicine can be consumed on a full or empty stomach, it must be taken at the same time each day.
Interactions of Zenflox 400mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- It can react with medications such as those taken for psychological disorders
- Blood-thinning medications
- Medications to improve heart functioning and arrythmia
- Medication containing magnesium, calcium, zinc or aluminium
- Other antibiotics from the same family
- Pain relievers or anti inflammatory medication without steroids - like asprin
- Medication to promote formation of urine
- Medication for respiratory problems, including theophylline
Interactions with food items
Since there is a known reaction with dairy products, it is important that dairy products are consumed at least an hour prior to taking the medication.
Other general Interactions
There is limited data available on interactions with other conditions.
Storage and disposal of Zenflox 400mg Tab
Zenflox 400mg Tab composition mandates that it be kept away from moisture and direct sunlight. It should also be kept out of reach of pets and children.
Dosage of Zenflox 400mg Tab
The doctor must be called immediately in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
It is important to be as diligent as possible in taking the medicine as scheduled. In the event that a dose is missed, Zenflox 400mg Tab can be taken as soon as possible, avoiding combining two doses or taking them within very short periods of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What conditions should I inform my doctor about before I begin consuming the medicine?
A: You should inform the doctor of the following conditions before consuming the medicine: sensitivity to similar class or family of drugs, myasthenia gravis, kidney ailments, heart problems, diabetes, epilepsy or seizures.
Q: How and when should the medicine be taken?
A: Zenflox 400mg Tab uses indicate that it should only be taken when prescribed by the doctor and in line with the instructions given. Ensure you complete the course of medication and do not discontinue midway. Avoid skipping doses or having it irregularly.
Q: How must the medicine be stored?
A: The medicine should be kept away from the reach of children and pets and should be kept away from moisture and sunlight.
Q: What pointers should be kept in mind when taking the medicine?
- Do not consume if pregnant or nursing
- Contact your doctor if there is any sign of rash, burning or swelling
- If there is any sign of diarrhoea, stop taking the medicine immediately and contact your doctor
- Several vaccines may not be effective when consuming the medicine, so consult your doctor before getting them
Q: How long does it take for the medicine to take effect and how long does its effect last?
A: It takes about 1 to 3 hours to take action, and its impact can stay for up to 20 hours.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Ofloxacin 400 mg Tablets.
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2004;80(5 Suppl):S189-98.
- Bar-Oz B, Bulkowstein M, Benyamini L, et al. Use of antibiotic and analgesic drugs during lactation. Drug Saf. 2003;26(13):925–935pmid:14583068.
- Tack KJ, Smith JA "The safety profile of ofloxacin." Am J Med 87 (1989): s78-81
- Giamarellou H, Tsagarakis J "Efficacy and tolerance of oral ofloxacin in treating various infections." Drugs 34 (1987): 119-23
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved