Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Zaxid Tablet is a combination of two medicines, tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid. This medicine helps in relieving pain, cramps in the lower abdomen before & during menses and reduce heavy bleeding
during menses. Tranexamic acid is an antifibrinolytic (promotes clotting and stops the breakdown of a clot) medicine while mefenamic acid is an anti-inflammatory medicine. Take this medicine only when prescribed by your doctor. You should not take Zaxid if you have any blood clotting disorder, history of heavy bleeding or recent bypass surgery. Do not take this medicine during pregnancy especially the last trimester.
|You Save||₹18.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg) + Tranexamic Acid(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Menstural pain and cramps, heavy menstural bleeding|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, headache, backache, nausea, dry mouth|
Uses of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, tranexamic acid or any of the ingredients of Zaxid Tablet.
- If you have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding due to painkillers.
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in your blood vessels (thrombosis).
- If you have a liver, kidney or heart function problem or any kind of health condition.
- If you have a bleeding disorder.
- If you recently had a bypass surgery of the heart.
- If you have a history of convulsions or inflammatory bowel disease.
- This medicine should not be taken in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have any medical history especially of bleeding in the brain (subarachnoid haemorrhage) and a history of blood clots (such as in the legs, lung, brain or eye).
- You are suffering from certain heart diseases (irregular heartbeat, heart valve problems) and blood clotting disorders.
- You have a kidney function problem or you are passing blood in the urine.
- You have epilepsy, seizures (fits) or respiratory disorders such as asthma.
- You experience visual disturbances after taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment immediately.
- You should not take Zaxid Tablet if you have an irregular menstrual bleeding pattern.
- You are an elderly person, there is an increased risk of side effects such as ulcers and bleeding.
- You are taking oral contraceptives, be cautious as there is a risk of thrombosis.
- Zaxid Tablets can impair your fertility. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you are trying to conceive or taking treatment of fertility.
Mode of Action of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Zaxid Tablet works by the combined action of its two components Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid.
- Tranexamic acid works by improving the blood clotting by preventing or slowing down the process of break down of blood clots called fibrinolysis.
- Mefenamic acid helps in relieving the sensation of pain by inhibiting the formation of inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and swelling.
Directions for Use of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Zaxid Tablet should be taken orally with or after food with plenty of water.
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Pause 500 Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Pause Tablet works if taken at the same time. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions....
- In particular, if you are taking medicnes like blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin), antidiabetic medicines, heart-related medicines, anti-hypertensive medicines, antibiotics like gentamicin, chloramphenicol, anti-HIV medicines, etc....
- The effect of Pause 500 will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with Zaxid, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....
Storage and disposal of Zaxid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Store it in a cool and dry place and try to keep it in the original container.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.