Zapiz 0.5mg Tablet
Zapiz 0.5 MG Description
Zapiz 0.5 mg tablet is a medicine used to treat epilepsy (seizures) and anxiety disorders. It reduces abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity, which helps relax the brain. Zapiz 0.5 mg tablet bel
ongs to the Benzodiazepines (BZD) class of drugs. Benzodiazepines are used to treat anxiety disorders and prevent fits. Anxiety disorder is a mental health problem characterised by intense fear, that interferes with routine activities. Epilepsy is a chronic disorder marked by seizures (fits), where a quick burst of electrical activity in the brain due to a chemical shift in the brain cells (neurons) is followed by jerky movements of the limbs or other areas of the body. A daily dose of 0.5 mg is recommended initially. The doctor may suggest an increased dosage to adjust to the ideal level for each patient. Zapiz 0.5mg works best if taken at the same time every day.
Uses of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- Anxiety disorder
- Seizure disorder
Contraindications of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- You should not use this medication if you have a known allergy to clonazepam or any of the other components.
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Glaucoma patients should use this drug cautiously, especially if they have narrow-angle glaucoma. The usage of this drug may induce an increase in intraocular pressure, exacerbating the disease's symptoms....
- Liver disease
- If you have active liver problems, you should avoid taking Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet. The drug is broken down in the liver and absorbed before being eliminated in the urine. The buildup and toxicity of this medicine may worsen your condition in such cases....
Side effects of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- Impaired coordination
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- Drug abuse
- When taken in large amounts over an extended period, Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet has the potential to create drug dependence and abuse. As a result, any changes in mood or behaviour may be observed during your therapy with this prescription....
- Elderly people
- Older persons should use Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet with extreme caution due to the increased risk of sedation (drowsiness) and muscle weakness.
- Suicidal tendencies
- Suicidal thoughts and increased suicidal tendencies have been linked to the use of this medication, particularly in young patients. Report any such incident to your doctor so that counselling and monitoring can be done regularly....
Mode of Action of Zapiz 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Zapiz 0.5mg Tablet.
- While using the drug, make sure you follow all the instructions on the label.
- Make sure to take the proper amount of medicine for the right duration of time.
- Take the medication by mouth with a glass of water or juice, swallow the pill as a whole.
Interactions of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Drugs that are known to interact with Zapiz 0.5mg are:
Interactions with food items
- Avoid caffeine-containing foods like tea, coffee, chocolates, and so on while using Zapiz 0.5 Tablet. This is because coffee stimulates the brain, whereas Zapiz 0.5 Tablet relaxes it. As a result, drinking too much coffee may reduce the ability of this drug to calm the brain, and the condition may worsen....
Storage and disposal of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Dosage of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Zapiz 0.5 Tablet a sedative?
Q: Is Zapiz 0.5mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Does Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet make you gain weight?
Q: If I start feeling better, can I stop taking Zapiz 0.5 Tablet?
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). (online) Available from:
- Clonazepam. Boucherville, Québec: Sandoz Canada Inc.; 2018. (online) Available from:
- Clonazepam. Roche; [revised Apr. 2009]. (online) Available from:
- Rxlist.com. 2021. [online] Available at:.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Clonazepam. [Updated 2018 Oct 31]. (online) Available from