Zapiz 0.5mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zapiz 0.5 mg tablet is a medicine used to treat epilepsy (seizures) and anxiety disorders. It reduces abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity, which helps relax the brain. Zapiz 0.5 mg tablet belongs to the Benzodiazepines (BZD) class of drugs. Benzodiazepines are used to treat anxiety disorders and prevent fits. Anxiety disorder is a mental health problem characterised by intense fear, that interferes with routine activities. Epilepsy is a chronic disorder marked by seizures (fits), where a quick burst of electrical activity in the brain due to a chemical shift in the brain cells (neurons) is followed by jerky movements of the limbs or other areas of the body. A daily dose of 0.5 mg is recommended initially. The doctor may suggest an increased dosage to adjust to the ideal level for each patient. Zapiz 0.5mg works best if taken at the same time every day....
|You Save||₹6.29 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Acute insomnia.|
|Side effects||Fatigue, Depression, Impaired coordination, Dizziness and Sleepiness.|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- Anxiety disorder
- Seizure disorder
Contraindications of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- You should not use this medication if you have a known allergy to clonazepam or any of the other components.
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Glaucoma patients should use this drug cautiously, especially if they have narrow-angle glaucoma. The usage of this drug may induce an increase in intraocular pressure, exacerbating the disease's symptoms....
- Liver disease
- If you have active liver problems, you should avoid taking Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet. The drug is broken down in the liver and absorbed before being eliminated in the urine. The buildup and toxicity of this medicine may worsen your condition in such cases....
Side effects of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- Impaired coordination
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Can I take Zapiz 0.5mg during pregnancy?
No. Zapiz 0.5 Tablet poses a risk and is unsafe for the growing infant. Pregnant women should only take this medicine if necessary, or in some life-threatening instances where the benefits outweigh the risks. Consulting your doctor before taking this drug is essential.
Can I take Zapiz 0.5mg while breastfeeding?
Nursing moms can take Zapiz 0.5 mg tablets on doctors recommendation. It is safe to take Zapiz 0.5 Tablet while breastfeeding as it does not pass into breast milk in large amounts and does not harm the newborn.
Can I drive if I have taken Zapiz 0.5mg?
Zapiz 0.5 Tablet frequently causes drowsiness. It also causes amnesia and impairs muscular function, both of which can impair your driving skills. Drowsiness can sometimes last till the next day. As a result, you should avoid driving if the Zapiz 0.5 Tablet makes you tired or impairs your awareness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zapiz 0.5mg?
No, drinking alcohol while taking Zapiz 0.5 Tablet is not suggested because it can cause breathing issues, tiredness, and heart problems. When you take Zapiz 0.5 Tablet with alcohol, your breathing may become so shallow that you won't be able to wake up. This could potentially result in death.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Drug abuse
- When taken in large amounts over an extended period, Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet has the potential to create drug dependence and abuse. As a result, any changes in mood or behaviour may be observed during your therapy with this prescription....
- Elderly people
- Older persons should use Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet with extreme caution due to the increased risk of sedation (drowsiness) and muscle weakness.
- Suicidal tendencies
- Suicidal thoughts and increased suicidal tendencies have been linked to the use of this medication, particularly in young patients. Report any such incident to your doctor so that counselling and monitoring can be done regularly....
Mode of Action of Zapiz 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Zapiz-0.5 mg Tablet works by increasing levels of GABA, a soothing chemical generated by neurons in the brain. GABA helps reduce anxiety, stop seizures, and relax tense muscles. Zapiz-0.5 mg Tablet also helps in acute insomnia....
Directions for Use of Zapiz 0.5 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions when taking the Zapiz 0.5mg Tablet.
- While using the drug, make sure you follow all the instructions on the label.
- Make sure to take the proper amount of medicine for the right duration of time.
- Take the medication by mouth with a glass of water or juice, swallow the pill as a whole.
Interactions of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Drugs that are known to interact with Zapiz 0.5mg are:
Interactions with food items
- Avoid caffeine-containing foods like tea, coffee, chocolates, and so on while using Zapiz 0.5 Tablet. This is because coffee stimulates the brain, whereas Zapiz 0.5 Tablet relaxes it. As a result, drinking too much coffee may reduce the ability of this drug to calm the brain, and the condition may worsen....
Storage and disposal of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Keep this medicine tightly packed in the packet or container it came in. This medication should be kept cool and dry in its original container at a temp below 30°C. It must be stored according to the package or label's directions. Any unused drug must be disposed of with caution. Make sure that this medication is not accessible to kids or pets....
Dosage of Zapiz 0.5 MG
Zapiz 0.5 mg Tablet should never be taken more than the recommended dose. If you think you've taken too much, get medical care straight away or call your doctor. Overdose symptoms of Zapiz 0.5mg are drowsiness, change in speech, confusion, abnormal eye movement, etc....
Missed a Dose
Remember to take your Zapiz 0.5 mg Tablets on schedule. If you forget to take it, make sure to take it as soon as possible. Skip the missed dosage and return to the regular schedule if the dose is delayed for more than 12 hours. Do not take two pills of Zapiz 0.5 mg to make up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Zapiz 0.5 Tablet a sedative?
A: No. Zapiz 0.5 Tablet is a Benzodiazepine medication that relieves anxiety, stops seizures (fits), and calms tense muscles. It can also help relieve insomnia. It is usually prescribed temporarily. Always take it according to the doctor's instructions for dosage and duration.
Q: Is Zapiz 0.5mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
A: People who take Zapiz 0.5 Tablet in excessive dosages or for an extended period may develop an addiction. Zapiz 0.5 Tablet is also more prone to become addictive in those with a history of drinking or drug abuse. As a result, Zapiz 0.5 Tablet should be taken for as little time and at the lowest effective dose possible.
Q: Does Zapiz 0.5 MG Tablet make you gain weight?
A: Yes, it can induce weight gain and weight loss in some people. Before taking Zapiz 0.5 mg tablet, it is recommended that you seek medical advice.
Q: If I start feeling better, can I stop taking Zapiz 0.5 Tablet?
A: No. You should not stop using Zapiz 0.5 mg Tablet abruptly since withdrawal symptoms such as depression, nervousness, sleeping disorders, irritability, sweating, stomach upset, or diarrhoea may occur. Stopping it abruptly may reactivate the symptoms, making them difficult to manage. Mood swings, anxiety, restlessness, and sleep disturbances are possible side effects. Even after consuming low amounts for a short time, these side effects can appear.
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). (online) Available from:
- Clonazepam. Boucherville, Québec: Sandoz Canada Inc.; 2018. (online) Available from:
- Clonazepam. Roche; [revised Apr. 2009]. (online) Available from:
- Rxlist.com. 2021. [online] Available at:.
- Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Clonazepam. [Updated 2018 Oct 31]. (online) Available from
Country of Origin
Expires on or After