Xenadom 500mg Tablet
Xenadom 500mg Tablet Description
Xenadom 500 tablet is used to treat inflammatory (pain and swelling) of the joints like rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of arthritis. It is used to treat migraine headaches. Xenadom 500 tablet i
s a combination medicine containing naproxen and domperidone. Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory while domperidone is an anti-emetic agent. Xenadom 500 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹14.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Naproxen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fatigue, dry mouth, skin rash & itching Drowsiness|
- Macprox Dp 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.00₹ 81.60₹
- Minado 500mg TabletBy Tas Med India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.44₹ 68.44₹
Uses of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
- Xenadom 500 tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling and discomfort associated with arthritis and other conditions.
- It is used to prevent migraine (intense headache with nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound).
Contraindications of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Naproxen, Domperidone or other ingredients of Xenadom 500 tablet.
- If you have an ulcer or bleeding.
- If you have problems with the heart, liver and kidney.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you have stomach, intestinal ulcers and bleeding from ulcers.
- If you're pregnant or may be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a pituitary gland tumour that releases an excess of prolactin hormone (prolactinoma).
- If you have an obstruction, blockage or perforation (tear) in the intestine or part of the gut.
- If you have a condition due to which there is a salt imbalance in the body (low levels of potassium or magnesium or high level of potassium).
Side effects of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash & itching
- Ringing in the ear
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have other stomach and intestinal diseases.
- You smoke or consume alcohol.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You had or have problems with the heart, liver or kidney.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure or cholesterol.
- You have asthma or problems with breathing.
- You are planning for a baby, as Naproxen may interfere with female fertility.
- You are using other medicines that cause bleeding and ulcers in the stomach.
- You have to undergo blood or urine tests.
- You are taking medicines or painkillers for headaches.
- You are above 12 years of age with a bodyweight below 35 kgs.
- You are taking Apomorphine.
- You have developed an allergy or skin rash after taking the medicine.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus or tissue disorder or blood clotting issues.
- The medicine aggravates the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, asthma, colitis and Crohn's disease. Thus, use with caution.
- It must not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Mode of Action of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Substances when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory in the body. Thus the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. If the joints are affected, then the movement also gets restricted because of inflammation and eventually results in joint damage....
- Naproxen blocks the effect of inflammatory chemicals. So, the symptoms related to it improve gradually.
- Domperidone is used to control nausea and vomiting. It prevents food back up in the oesophagus (food pipe), which may occur due to stomach irritation caused by Naproxen and other pain killers and migraine attacks....
Directions for Use of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
Interactions of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Xenadom 500 tablet works or Xenadom 500 tablet itself affects the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Taking medicines like Amiodarone,(used in abnormal heart rhythm), Haloperidol, Escitalopram (used in psychiatric illness), antibiotics like Erythromycin, antifungal like Ketoconazole and Lumefantrine used in malaria, Cisapride used for gastric problems, Mizolastine used in allergy and anticancer like Vandetanib....
- Concomitant use of the medicine along with Diltiazem, Verapamil used for the treatment of heart problems is not recommended.
- Xenadom 500 tablet decreases the effectiveness of Atenolol and water pills like Furosemide used to treat high blood pressure.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 10-12 days between the use of the medicine and mifepristone as the former reduces the effectiveness of the latter.
- Kidney damage increases if Xenadom 500 tablet is taken along with Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus, medicines used to prevent organ rejection.
- Stomach ulcers and bleeding increase with the use of steroids like prednisone, painkillers, blood thinners like Warfarin and Bisphosphonates used to treat weakened bone.
- You may experience fits and convulsions if taken along with antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Ofloxacin.
- Side effects of blood increase if taken along with Zidovudine used in the treatment of HIV infection.
- You must take the medicine at least 1 hour before or 4 to 6 hours after Cholestyramine is used in the treatment of cholesterol problems.
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Lithium, Methotrexate, Digoxin Probenecid, Gliclazide and Sulfamethoxazole must be used cautiously along with Xenadom 500 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
- Store the medicine below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Avoid flushing the expired medicine in the toilet or throwing them in household waste or drain.
Dosage of Xenadom 500mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a heart problem, can I take Xenadom 500 tablet?
Q: Medicine can be consumed on an empty stomach?
Q: Xenadom 500 tablet can be taken with other pain killers?
Q: How frequently Xenadom 500 tablet can be taken?
Q: Does the medicine affect kidneys?
Q: Can I take Xenadom 500 tablet for a longer duration?
Q: What is the composition of Xenadom 500 tablet?
- Naproxen 250mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 March 2022].
- Motilium 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 March 2022]
- Sun Pharma India products. [Internet]. 2021 [cited 8 March 2022]