Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Volix R Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It contains voglibose and repaglinide as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus along with a healthy diet and reg
ular exercise. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilizes sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar which can further lead to serious health conditions. Volix R Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. While taking this medicine, it is essential to make certain lifestyle modifications such as consuming a healthy and balanced diet, staying active, quitting smoking and regularly checking your blood sugar. This may help to manage your diabetes and improve your health. Before initiating the treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
Uses of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to repaglinide or voglibose or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a liver disorder.
- If you have metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you have or have a history of severe infection after surgery.
- If you have any gastrointestinal disorders.
- If you are already taking cholesterol-lowering medicine such as gemfibrozil.
Side effects of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Drop in blood sugar level
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It does not directly affect the driving ability. But it may cause low blood sugar levels which lead to drowsiness or confusion. It can dangerous while driving.
- So it is advised to always keep a juice or chocolate in the car while driving, in case you start feeling the symptoms of hypoglycemia, have the juice or chocolate.
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition such as heart disorder, ulcer of the large intestine, thyroid, kidney and liver disease etc.
- You are already taking any other medications such as any other anti-diabetic medicines, painkillers or water pills etc.
- You have a liver problem. It is not recommended for patients with severe liver disorders.
- You have a kidney problem. Caution is advised while taking this medicine.
- You are going to have any major surgery or recently had a severe infection.
- You fall into age groups under 18 or over 75 years of age.
- You suffer from weight gain (specific diet restrictions may be suggested).
- Keep a regular check on blood sugar levels during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Volix R Tablet works by the combined action of its two active ingredients.
- Voglibose is an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor that works by inhibiting the intestinal enzymes and delays the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine. It ultimately stops the breakdown of complex sugars into simple sugars such as glucose....
- Repaglinide increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas by stimulating the pancreas to release insulin to your body and helps regulate the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood.
- Collectively, they prevent a rise in blood sugar levels after having meals.
Directions for Use of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Volix R Tablet should be taken orally as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken with or after a meal, as suggested by the doctor.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Volix R Tablet may interact with other medicines if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- You may suffer from symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other anti-diabetic medicines like Insulin, anti-hypertensive medicines like captopril, steroids, antiplatelet medication like clopidogrel, brain-related medicines, antifungal medicines like itraconazole, antibiotics like clarithromycin, NSAIDs like aspirin etc....
- Avoid taking cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil and immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, along with Volix R Tablet.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution and require close monitoring of blood glucose are trimethoprim (antibiotic for the bladder infection), anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, immunosuppressants, etc....
Storage and disposal of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Volix R 0.2/1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of this medicine may cause hypoglycaemia (excessively low blood sugar) and may present with dizziness, tremors, sweating, headache, tremor etc.
- If you experience these symptoms, take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (sugar candy) and contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours....
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which include symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, dry mouth, the fruity smell of breath, etc.
- If you have missed taking a dose of the Volix R Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Volix R Tablet?
- Volix R Tablet should be taken with a glass of water immediately before or up to 30 minutes before each main meal or as advised by the doctor
- Avoid skipping meals as well as medicine.
Q: What is the composition of Volix R Tablet?
Q: What are the uses of Volix R Tablet?
Q: What is the dose of Volix R Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- VOLIX 0.3MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VOLIX 0.2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VOLIX TRIO 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VOLIX R 0.3/1MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- VOLIX M 0.3MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- VOLIX TRIO 1MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VOLIX TRIO FORTE 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- VOLIX R 0.3/0.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- VOLIX R 0.2/0.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS