Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Vogli GM 2 tablet is an oral antidiabetic medicine. It is used to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus. Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition in which your pancreas does not make enough insulin to contr
l blood sugar levels and your body is also unable to efficiently use its own insulin. This causes high blood sugar levels in your body, which can cause medical problems like heart disease, kidney disease, blindness, and poor blood flow in your hands and legs. Vogli GM 2 tablet contains a combination of metformin, glimepiride, and voglibose as active ingredients. You should take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not miss any dose or abruptly stop taking Vogli GM 2 tablet without informing your doctor. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Also, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking. During treatment with Vogli GM 2 tablet, patients are advised to maintain a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a balanced diet to get the best possible effect.
|You Save||₹29.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Glimepiride(2.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Voglibose(0.2 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, glimepiride, voglibose, or any of the ingredients of Vogli GM 2 tablet.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you have a kidney or liver problem.
- If you are suffering from acute metabolic acidosis (when the body produces an excess amount of organic acids).
- If you have a history of any kind of heart condition like shock, heart failure, etc. due to insufficient oxygen supply.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you have a history of severe infection pre or post-surgery.
- If you have a gastrointestinal disorder.
Side effects of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vogli GM 2 tablet may cause dizziness and visual disturbance. If you experience any such symptoms after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive properly, then it is suggested that you avoid driving. ...
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you when driving. In case you start feeling any of the symptoms of low blood sugar like dizziness, irritability, hunger pangs, or sweating, immediately have the juice or chocolate....
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of diarrhoea.
- You are taking any blood pressure lowering medicines, painkillers, or water pills.
- You have a history of laparotomy (surgical incision into the abdominal cavity).
- You are suffering from severe intestinal diseases like Roemheld syndrome (epigastric pressure in the gastrointestinal tract), severe hernia and stenosis (abnormal narrowing in a blood vessel), or ulcers in the intestine....
- You have a kidney or liver disorder.
Mode of Action of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Vogli GM 2 tablet contains a combination of metformin, glimepiride, and voglibose as active ingredients.
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas.
- Metformin decreases the production of glucose and also reduces its absorption in the body.
- Voglibose reduces the rate of digestion of complex carbohydrates. Less glucose is absorbed because the carbohydrates are not broken down into glucose molecules.
Directions for Use of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vogli GM 2 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, chew, or break the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vogli GM 2 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating tuberculosis like rifampicin, infections like fluconazole, high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like captopril, atenolol), steroids, chloramphenicol, fenfluramine, fenyramidol, medicines used to lower cholesterol (fibrates), medicine to treat depression (fluoxetine), medicine to treat blood clotting like coumarins, cyclophosphamide, miconazole, probenecid, antibiotics like clarithromycin. doxycycline, ofloxacin, anti-allergic medicines (ranitidine), clonidine, and reserpine....
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like insulin and pioglitazone,
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, acetazolamide, water pill, phenytoin, rifampicin, medicines for treating constipation, and medicines for thyroid disorders....
- Medicines like diclofenac and ibuprofen may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Vogli GM 2 tablet may alter the way anti-clot medicines like phenprocoumon works.
Storage and disposal of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Vogli GM 2 tablet below 25°C.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Vogli Gm2 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- Follow a diet that is high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils and drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
Q: What should I avoid in my diet if I am diabetic?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid creams, soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid Seetaphal, mango, jackfruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
Q: Can I take Vogli GM 2 if I am taking insulin?
Q: What are the symptoms of diabetes?
Q: What is Vogli GM 2 used for?
Q: Can I give Vogli GM 2 to my child?
Q: Can I take Vogli GM 2 twice a day?
Q: What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
Q: Can I take Vogli GM 2 if I am taking other medicines?
Q: Vogli GM 2 should be taken before or after food?
Q: Can I stop taking Vogli GM 2 on my own?
Q: What if I miss a dose of Vogli GM 2?
Q: What should I inform my doctor before I start treatment with Vogli GM 2?
- Before starting treatment with Vogli GM 2 tablet, you should inform your doctor about your medical history and about all medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are taking.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of laparotomy (surgical incision into the abdominal cavity).
- Also inform if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.