Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
By CALIX LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vodamox Lp Eye Drop is a combination medicine containing loteprednol, a steroid and moxifloxacin which is an antibiotic. It is used for the treatment of steroid-responsive conditions of the eye after eye operation and which is associated with swelling and bacterial infection of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infection of the eye. It works by reducing swelling, itching and redness of the eyes. It also works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Pain or irritation in the eye, discharge from the eyes, dry eyes are some of the side effects of using this medicine....
|You Save||₹20.70 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Moxifloxacin(5.0 %),Loteprednol(0.05 %)|
|Uses||Eye infection with inflammation|
|Side effects||Pain or irritation in the eye, redness|
|Classification||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Moxifloxacin(5.0 %) + Loteprednol(0.05 %)
Uses of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
For the treatment of conditions of the eye after eye operation and which are associated with swelling and bacterial infection of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infection of the eye.
Contraindications of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to Loteprednol, Moxifloxacin or any of the other ingredients of Vodamox Lp Eye Drop.
- If you have a herpes infection of the eye.
- If you have a mycobacterial infection of the eye.
- If you have a fungal infection of the eye.
- If you have a red-eye whose cause is not known.
Side effects of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
- Pain or irritation in the eye
- Discharge from eyes
- Dry eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Burning sensation at the site of instilling
- Itching of eyes
- Foreign body sensation in eyes
- Watering of eyes
- Defect in cornea
Precautions and Warnings of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
Can I instill Vodamox Lp Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Vodamox Lp Eye Drop in pregnancy. It is recommended not to use this medicine during pregnancy unless considered safe and advised by your doctor.
Can I instill Vodamox Lp Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
A component of Vodamox Lp Eye Drop may pass into the breast milk and cause harm to the nursing infant. You should not use this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless considered safe and prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vodamox Lp Eye Drop?
This medicine causes temporary blurring of vision. Avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol with Vodamox Lp Eye Drop?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- You have eye irritation.
- You have swelling of throat, face, itching over body or breathing difficulty.
- You are using contact lenses.
- You are having an eye infection caused due to bacteria of genital infection.
Mode of Action of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Loteprednol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- moxifloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
- Use Vodamox Lp Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
Since Vodamox Lp Eye Drop are to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
- Store at a temperature less than 25°C in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Vodamox Lp Eye Drops
As these eye drops are meant for external use, cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have instilled extra drops of it wash your eyes thoroughly with water....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the instillation of eye drops, instill it as soon as possible. Do not instill more drops just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Vodamox Lp Eye Drop is used?
A: Vodamox Lp Eye Drop is used for the treatment of steroid-responsive conditions of the eye after eye operation and which is associated with swelling and bacterial infection of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infection of the eye.
Q: How Vodamox Lp Eye Drop work?
A: Vodamox Lp Eye Drop works by reducing swelling, itching and redness of eyes. It also works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Q: How frequently can I use Vodamox Lp drop?
A: Vodamox Lp should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it endlessly if you do not see any improvement.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.