Vilodon 40mg Tablet
Vilodon 40 MG Description
Vilodon 40mg Tab uses include treatment of depression. Vilazodone is the main compound of Vilodon 40mg. Vilodon 40mg is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). It is also a partial serotoni
n receptor agonist. Vilodon 40mg falls under the category of medicines called serotonin modulators. Vilodon 40mg works by restoring the balance of neurotransmitters like serotonin in the brain. Vilodon 40mg side effects include nausea, diarrhoea, giddiness and sleeping problems. Vilodon 40mg controls depression but does not cure it. Vilodon 40mg works slowly, and it may be several weeks before you notice any significant impact of Vilodon 40mg. Do not miss your appointments with your doctor while being treated with Vilodon 40mg.
|You Save||₹37.84 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Nausea, Insomnia, Vomiting, Giddiness|
Uses of Vilodon 40 MG
- Vilodon 40mg treats depression.
Contraindications of Vilodon 40 MG
- Vilodon 40mg contraindicates in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to vilazodone
- If you or anyone in your family has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder
- If you or any family member has made suicide attempts
- If you have been diagnosed with ulcers in the stomach or intestines
- If you have seizures
- If you or any family member has glaucoma
- If you have suffered from bleeding issues at any point in time
- If you are taking monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor
Side effects of Vilodon 40 MG
- Some users of Vilodon 40mg have reported the following side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Vilodon 40mg side effects are not major, and they subside as the body gets used to the medicine.
Precautions and Warnings of Vilodon 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You take other medicines, herbal supplements and nutritional products.
- You plan to start any new diet or exercise regimen.
- You get any thoughts about suicide or self-harm while being treated with Vilodon 40mg.
- You notice any changes in your mood or behaviour.
- You plan to undergo any pathological tests.
- You are scheduled for any surgery or other medical procedure.
Mode of Action of Vilodon 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vilodon 40 MG
- Take Vilodon 40mg exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Your doctor will start with a mild dose of Vilodon 40mg and increase the dose gradually depending on your reaction to the medicine.
- Do not increase or decrease the dose of Vilodon 40mg without consulting your doctor.
- Continue taking Vilodon 40mg for as long as your doctor tells you.
Interactions of Vilodon 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Vilodon 40mg may interact with the following medicines:
- Antibiotics like clarithromycin and erythromycin. Taking Vilodon 40mg with medicines like clarithromycin and erythromycin can increase the levels of vilazodone in the blood and also its effects.
- Epilepsy medicines like carbamazepine. Consuming carbamazepine with Vilodon 40mg will decrease the blood levels and impact of vilazodone.
- Antiplatelet medicines like clopidogrel. Combining Vilodon 40mg with clopidogrel can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Antidepressants like fluoxetine and paroxetine. Consuming Vilodon 40mg with fluoxetine or paroxetine can cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome. This causes blood pressure fluctuations, confusion, hallucination, fever, tremors, nausea and vomiting. ...
- Blood thinners like warfarin and heparin. Taking Vilodon 40mg with warfarin and heparin can make you more vulnerable to bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Vilodon 40mg is usually taken with food. Vilodon 40mg interaction with food is uneventful. Consult your doctor before consuming grapefruit juice while taking Vilodon 40mg.
Storage and disposal of Vilodon 40 MG
Dosage of Vilodon 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am feeling much better after taking Vilodon 40mg. Can I stop taking Vilodon 40mg?
Q: Will Vilodon 40mg affect my sex life?
Q: How long does it take for Vilodon 40mg to show its effect?
- Vilazodone oral: Uses, side effects, interactions, pictures, warnings & dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Vilazodone: Visual hallucinations: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 1522(1):162–162. 2014 [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Mechanism of Action [Internet]. Viibrydhcp.com. [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Vilazodone (oral route) [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Vilazodone (Viibryd) [Internet]. Nami.org. [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Overview - SSRI antidepressants [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 15 Mar 2022].
- Drugs.com. [cited 15 Mar 2022].