Valzaar 40mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Valzaar Tablet contains valsartan as its active ingredient. Valzaar Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers blood pressure by inhibiting the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly through blood vessels and the heart to pump more efficiently. It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart related problem following a heart attack. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Valzaar 40mg Tablet
Uses of Valzaar 40 MG
- Valzaar Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It is also used to improve survival and reduce the risk of heart problems following a heart attack.
Contraindications of Valzaar 40 MG
- If you are allergic to Valsartan or any other ingredients of Valzaar Tablet.
- If you are on any medicine containing Aliskiren.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from jaundice or you have diabetes.
Side effects of Valzaar 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- Body pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Valzaar 40 MG
Can I take Valzaar Tablet during pregnancy?
Valzaar Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects on the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Valzaar Tablet while breastfeeding?
Valzaar Tablet is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Valzaar Tablet?
Valzaar Tablet may make you dizzy, thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Valzaar Tablet?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Valzaar Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from heart disease.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have dehydration, diarrhoea or are vomiting.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You are on a low salt diet.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels or on medicines that increase the amount of potassium in your blood (like heparin, amiloride, etc).
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- You are less than 18 years old and are on Valsartan in combination with other medicines.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Valzaar 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Valsartan in Valzaar Tablet works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily. As a result of which the blood pressure is lowered....
Directions for Use of Valzaar 40 MG
Valzaar Tablet should be taken as directed by your physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it regularly at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Valzaar 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Valzaar Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Valzaar Tablet when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Valzaar Tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with Valzaar Tablet.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with Valzaar Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Valzaar 40 MG
- Valzaar Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Valzaar 40 MG
Overdose of Valzaar Tablet may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Valzaar Tablet, take it as soon as you remember, if it is almost time for your next dose then skip the missed dose. Please do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Valzaar Tablet?
A: Valzaar Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent or reduce certain other heart problems like a heart attack or stroke.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet that has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables.
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight.
- Avoid smoking or drinking.
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits.
Q: How to take Valzaar Tablet?
A: Valzaar Tablet should be taken as directed by your physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Valzaar Tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Valzaar Tablet suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- Valsartan 40mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 May 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.