Valprol Cr 750mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Valprol Cr 750 MG Description
Valprol cr 750mg tablet is a two medication combination that contains sodium valproate and valproic acid. Valprol cr 750mg tablet treats epilepsy, a neurological disorder characterised by recurring
seizures or fits. It works by controlling aberrant brain activity and soothing nerves to prevent fits. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. If you observe any severe side effects, contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital. Store the medication in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.
|You Save||₹23.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Valproic Acid / Valproate(750.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||headache, dizziness, increased uric acid, bleeding, bruising, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Valproic Acid / Valproate(750.0 Mg)
Uses of Valprol Cr 750 MG
Contraindications of Valprol Cr 750 MG
- Allergic to valproic acid or any other excipient
- Severe liver disease
- Urea cycle disorders
- Mitochondrial disorders
- Bleeding disorder
- Impaired kidney function
- Suicidal ideation
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
Side effects of Valprol Cr 750 MG
- Increased uric acid
- Skin rash
- Joint pain
- Blurred vision
- Nose bleed
Precautions and Warnings of Valprol Cr 750 MG
Can I take Valprol cr 750mg tablet during pregnancy?
During your treatment with Valprol cr 750mg tablet, use an effective method of contraception. Pregnancy should be avoided when taking Valprol cr 750mg tablet because it can cause birth abnormalities. If you become pregnant while taking the Valprol cr 750mg tablet, do not stop taking it and contact your physician.
Can I take Valprol cr 750mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Valprol cr 750mg tablets are probably safe to take while breastfeeding. No Human research is available suggesting harm to the foetus with this medication.
Only go to the paediatrician if the infant is tired, has difficulties nursing, or has breathing problems.
Can I drive if I have consumed Valprol cr 750mg Tablet?
You may notice a decrease in your attentiveness when using the Valprol cr 750mg tablet. In addition, if you consume Valprol cr 750mg tablet, you can feel sleepy, dizzy, or have vision problems. As a result, driving should be avoided while taking these pills.
Can I consume alcohol with Valprol cr 750mg Tablet?
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You must not give these medications to children below 18 years
- You have liver disease
- You have urea cycle disorders
- You have mitochondrial disorders
- You have porphyria
- You have pancreatitis
- You have active bleeding
- You have impaired kidney function
- You have suicidal thoughts
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus
- You feel depression
- You have weight gain
- You are allergic to the active ingredient or any other excipient
- You are taking other prescription, non-prescription medication, vitamins or minerals
Mode of Action of Valprol Cr 750 MG
How Does It Work?
Valprol cr 750mg tablet reduces the speed with which electrical signals in the brain induce seizures (fits). It can also aid with symptoms including perplexity, uncontrollable jerking motions, loss of awareness, and panic or worry. In addition, the medicine may allow you to participate in things that you would otherwise be unable or afraid to perform (such as swimming and driving)....
Directions for Use of Valprol Cr 750 MG
- Swallow the Valprol cr 750mg tablet with water instead of crushing or chewing it
- Take Valprol cr 750mg tablet dose in not more or lower than the recommended dose
- Do not stop using the Valprol cr 750mg tablet without first visiting your physician
Interactions of Valprol Cr 750 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Valproic acid can induce significant skin responses by increasing the quantity of lamotrigine
- Valproic acid should not be taken with metoclopramide if at all possible
- Valproic acid should be used with caution in patients who are on warfarin or other anticoagulants since the two can enhance the risk of bleeding
- When Valproic Acid is used with oral contraceptives like Ethinyl Estradiol, the desired effect is lost. If you are taking one of these medications, tell your doctor
- The use of Valproic Acid with Imipenem is not advised because it raises the concentration of these medications
Storage and disposal of Valprol Cr 750 MG
- Valprol cr 750mg tablet should be kept in their original packaging
- Keep it cool and dry in its original container between 25-28°C
- Keep away from children and pets
- The expired medications should be discarded immediately
- Valprol cr 750mg should not be flushed, thrown down the drain or discarded in household waste
- Talk to your pharmacist about the safe ways to discard medications
Dosage of Valprol Cr 750 MG
The most typical symptom of an overdose is central nervous system depression, which can proceed to coma and respiratory depression. Oedema of the brain has also been seen. Overdose symptoms include coma, confusion, somnolence, worsened seizure, control, dizziness, hallucinations, irritability, and headache....
Missed a Dose
If you miss taking Valprol cr 750mg tablet, take it as soon as you recall. If it is almost time for your next dose or you have crossed more than 8 hours, omit the missed dose of Valprol cr 750mg tablet and follow your regular schedule. Do not double the dose of Valprol cr 750mg tablet....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it possible that taking the Valprol cr 750mg tablet will make you sleepy or tired?
A: Yes, Valprol cr 750mg tablet may cause drowsiness or sleepiness. Driving, using machinery, working at heights, and engaging in potentially hazardous tasks should all be avoided. Call your neuro physician if you have a seizure while taking this prescription.
Q: Can I discontinue using Valprol cr 750mg tablet once my epilepsy symptoms have subsided?
A: It would be best to continue taking Valprol cr 750mg tablet as directed by your doctor. Stopping the Valprol cr 750mg tablet abruptly may cause symptoms to resurface, and they may do so more frequently. If you have any concerns while taking the Valprol cr 750mg tablet, see your doctor for a re-evaluation.
Q: Will a greater Valprol cr 750mg tablet be more effective than the prescribed dose?
A: No, taking a higher dose than what is recommended may not make you more healthy; instead, it may raise your risk of side effects and toxicity. Please visit your neuro physician if the prescribed doses do not relieve your symptoms.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed