Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
200ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ulgel A refreshing Suspension is a combination medicine. The active components of this medicine are Magaldrate, Simethicone and Oxetacaine. This medicine is helpful in treating pain and discomfort associated with ulcers in the stomach and food pipe due to acid reflux. It also helps to relieve burning sensation, gas formation and discomfort in the stomach which is associated with increased acidity. Side effects such as pain in the abdomen, altered bowel movements (either constipation or diarrhoea) can be experienced while using this medicine. This medicine should not be given to children and pregnant women.
Uses of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
- Treatment of Reflux oesophagitis (inflammation of the lining of the oesophagus due to acid reflux).
- Treatment of Gastric hyperacidity.
- Treatment of stomach pain due to excessive gas in the digestive tract.
Contraindications of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you experience weakness, respiratory failure and heart failure, etc. (due to abnormally low level of phosphate in the blood).
- If you are suffering from a serious disease.
- If you are diabetic.
Side effects of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
- Altered taste
- Bloating, gas
- Loss of Appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Can I take the Ulgel A refreshing Suspension during pregnancy?
There is limited information related to the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is advised to avoid this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Ulgel A refreshing Suspension while breastfeeding?
There is limited information regarding the safe usgae of this medicine in lactating mothers. Hence, this medicine is not recommended while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ulgel A refreshing Suspension?
This medicine has a tendency to cause dizziness or drowsiness as side effects. Hence, it is recommended to avoid driving or operating machinery while using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ulgel A refreshing Suspension?
Consumption of alcohol can increases acidity, pain and burning sensation associated with ulcers. Hence, it is advised to avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on low-magnesium diet.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
This medicine is a combination of Simethicone, Magaldrate and Oxetacaine. Simethicone acts on the stomach and intestine and enables gas elimination more easily. Magaldrate neutralizes the acid in the stomach and reduces the direct acid irritant effect. Oxetacaine acts like an anaesthetic and helps in lowering the pain and burning sensation associated with the ulcers.
Directions for Use of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
- It should be taken between meals and at bedtime.
- It should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before consuming.
Interactions of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interactions of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Magaldrate & simethicone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Few medicines which may interact with Ulgel A refreshing Suspension are levothyroxine, blood pressure-lowering medicines like ramipril, medicines used for fits like phenytoin.
Storage and disposal of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
Store this medicine below 25°C.
Dosage of Ulgel A Refreshing Flavour Bottle Of 200ml Suspension
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of this medicine if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take during this treatment?
A: You need to tell your doctor if you experience any signs of allergy like itching, shortness of breath, wheezing cough, swelling of the face, lips or throat. Your doctor may suggest you an alternative medicine. It is advised not to stop, start or change the dose of this medicine without checking with your doctor.
Q: Can the Ulgel A refreshing Suspension be given to children?
A: No, the Ulgel A refreshing Suspension is not recommended for children as there is no safety information available.
Q: Can acid reflux and heartburn be prevented?
A: Yes, acid reflux and burning sensation related to acidity can be prevented by- Not lying down immediately after meals. Reducing the portion size of the meals and increasing the frequency of eating in a day. Avoiding oily and spicy food. Avoiding smoking or consuming alcohol. Having meals at proper timings and avoiding late-night binge eating. Having proper sleep at night (at least for 6-8Hours).
- medicineindia. Magaldrate + Simethicone. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Drugs.com. Magaldrate + Simethicone. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- alainapharma. magaldrate/simethicone. pi. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema.simethicone.SmPC.[Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- HMIS. Pharma directory. Oxethazaine. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 11:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved