Troxin Az Tablets
Troxin Az 500 MG Description
Troxin Az Tablet is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This med
icine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Troxin Az Tablet inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Troxin Az 500 MG
Contraindications of Troxin Az 500 MG
Side effects of Troxin Az 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Troxin Az 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Troxin Az Tablet.
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Troxin Az Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Troxin Az 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Troxin Az 500 MG
- Troxin Az Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Troxin Az 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Troxin Az Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Troxin Az Tablet.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Troxin Az 500 MG
- Store Troxin Az Tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Troxin Az 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Troxin Az Tablet?
Q: Are there any side effects with Troxin Az Tablet?
Q: Can I take Troxin Az Tablet for throat infection or cough?
Q: Can I stop taking Troxin Az Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
Q: Can I take Troxin Az Tablet for fever?
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2018 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]