Trenaxa Mf Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Trenaxa Mf Tablet is a combination of two medicines, Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid. Trenaxa Mf helps in relieving pain, cramps in the lower abdomen before & during menses and reduce heavy bleeding during menses. Tranexamic acid is an antifibrinolytic (promtotes clotting and stops breakdown of clot) medicine while mefenamic acid is an anti-inflammatory medicine. Take this medicine only when prescribed by your doctor. You should not take this medicine if you have any blood clotting disorder, history of heavy bleeding or recent bypass surgery. Do not take this medicine during pregnancy especially last trimester.
Uses of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
Trenaxa Mf Tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps and pain due to heavy bleeding during menses
Contraindications of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Tranexamic acid or any of the ingredient of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
- If you have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding due to painkillers
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in your blood vessels (thrombosis)
- If you have a liver, kidney or heart function problem
- If you have a bleeding disorder called consumption coagulopathy
- If you recently had a bypass surgery of the heart
- If you have a history of convulsions or inflammatory bowel disease
- This medicine should not be taken in the last trimester of pregnancy
Side effects of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
Can I take Trenaxa Mf Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take Trenaxa Mf Tablet during pregnancy as it can lead to malformations in the growing foetus. It can also delay the labour and increase risk of bleeding in the mother and foetus.
Can I take Trenaxa Mf Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Trenaxa Mf Tablet can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the new born baby. It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Trenaxa Mf Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Trenaxa Mf Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and visual disturbances after taking Trenaxa Mf Tablet. So, be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Trenaxa Mf Tablet?
Alcohol consumption during the treatment can be an added risk for ulcer and gastrointestinal bleeding. Try to avoid the alcohol intake along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical history especially of bleeding in the brain (subarachnoid haemorrhage) and history of blood clots (such as in the legs, lung, brain or eye).
- You are suffering from certain heart diseases (irregular heartbeat, heart valve problems) and blood clotting disorders.
- You have kidney function problem or you are passing blood in the urine.
- You have epilepsy, seizures (fits) or respiratory disorders such as asthma.
- You experience visual disturbances after taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment immediately.
- You should not take Trenaxa Mf Tablet if you have an irregular menstrual bleeding pattern.
- You are an elderly person, there is an increased risk of side effects such as ulcer and bleeding.
- You are taking oral contraceptives, be cautious as there is a risk of thrombosis.
- Trenaxa Mf Tablet can impair your fertility. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you are trying to conceive or taking treatment of fertility.
Mode of Action of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Trenaxa Mf Tablet works by the combined action of its two components Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid.
- Tranexamic acid works by improving the blood clotting by preventing or slowing down the process of break down of blood clots called fibrinolysis.
- Mefenamic acid helps in relieving sensation of pain by inhibiting the formation of inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and swelling.
Directions for Use of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
- Trenaxa Mf Tablet should be taken orally with or after food with plenty of water
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor
Interactions of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other painkiller or anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution as there are chances of increased bleeding upon longterm use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Methotrexate and lithium should not be taken along with this medicine as there are chances of toxicity of former medicines.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with Trenaxa Mf Tablet can lead to low blood glucose.
- Trenaxa Mf Tablet should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with Trenaxa Mf Tablet.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin, anti-HIV medicines such as Zidovudine, Probenecid and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.read less
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Store it in cool and dry places and try to keep it in the original container
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pet.
Dosage of Trenaxa Mf Tablet
The symptoms of overdose of Trenaxa Mf Tablet include nausea, vomiting, fall in blood pressure, dizziness, headache, fits or convulsions, rarely, diarrhoea etc. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Trenaxa Mf Tablet be taken during periods?
A: Yes, it is meant to reduce cramps and pain before and during periods as well as to control excessive bleeding during periods. However, Trenaxa Mf is taken when prescribed by your doctor or gynaecologists. Do not self medicate this medicine without consulting a doctor.
Q: When does the bleeding stop after taking Trenaxa Mf Tablet?
A: Trenaxa Mf Tablet does not stop bleeding but reduces the heavy menstrual flow by improving the blood clot. It usually starts showing its effects within 1-2 hours.
Q: Can Trenaxa Mf Tablet cause acidity?
A: Yes, Trenaxa Mf Tablet may cause acidity, hence you should always take it with food and with antacids. It reduces the chance of stomach discomfort.
Q: Is Trenaxa Mf Tablet safe?
A: Yes, Trenaxa Mf Tablet is safee if you take it at dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of bleeding might increase.
|You Save||₹36 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Tranexamic Acid(500.0 Mg),Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Menstural pain and cramps, heavy menstural bleeding|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, headache, backache, fits, nausea|
Last Updated on: 30 Mar 2021 | 05:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved