Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
Tozaar H Tablet 15'S Description
Tozaar H tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine. It contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan as active substances. Tozaar H tablet is used to manage high blood pressure when it can
not be controlled using only losartan or hydrochlorothiazide. It works by relaxing the blood vessels and removing more water and salt from the body, which helps to lower the raised blood pressure. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Tozaar H tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Along with taking this medicine, it is recommended to make certain lifestyle changes like eating a balanced diet, reducing salt intake, exercising regularly and avoiding smoking and alcohol for better control of your blood pressure levels. Tozaar H tablet should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
|You Save||₹34.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Losartan(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, indigestion|
- Losatan H 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Biochem10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.55₹ 110.1214.78% CHEAPER₹ 11.01/Tablet
- Cosart H TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.80₹ 82.2836.3% CHEAPER₹ 8.23/Tablet
- Losartas Ht Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 221.00₹ 187.853.1% CHEAPER₹ 12.52/Tablet
- Omnitan H Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.10₹ 178.587.82% CHEAPER₹ 11.91/Tablet
- Revas H Tablets 15'sBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 213.50₹ 181.476.35% CHEAPER₹ 12.10/Tablet
- Lostat H Tablets 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.00₹ 65.4566.25% CHEAPER₹ 4.36/Tablet
- Losasun Ht TabletBy Sunij Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.69₹ 47.6963.08% CHEAPER₹ 4.77/Tablet
- Losium H Bottle Of 30 TabletsBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 286.20₹ 243.2737.23% CHEAPER₹ 8.11/Tablet
- Losakind H TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.57₹ 71.8844.35% CHEAPER₹ 7.19/Tablet
- Sarpot H TabletBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.00₹ 51.8559.91% CHEAPER₹ 5.19/Tablet
Uses of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
Contraindications of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
- If you are allergic to hydrochlorothiazide, losartan or any of the ingredients of Tozaar H tablet.
- If you are allergic to sulfonamide medicines such as co-trimoxazole. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have a low level of potassium and sodium or high levels of calcium in your blood
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to the bile duct (a canal connecting the liver to the intestine) like cholestasis.
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and you are taking a medicine containing aliskiren.
- If you have gout.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
Side effects of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as heart-related disorder, diabetes, kidney or liver disorder, skin cancer, gout, an autoimmune disorder like systemic lupus erythematosus, etc.
- You develop symptoms like swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue due to water retention.
- You experience fainting and dizziness, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed.
- Your kidneys are not functioning correctly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels).
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (small intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose).
- You develop eye pain and a decrease in vision.
Mode of Action of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
How Does It Work?
- Tozaar H tablet contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan as active substances.
- Losartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a substance called angiotensin responsible for the narrowing of blood vessels and hence causing a rise in blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide acts by increasing the production of urine and the loss of water and salt from the body. This helps to lower blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
- Tozaar H tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way how Tozaar H tablet works or this medicine itself might affect the working of other medicines.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbals or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as cholestyramine, antidepressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other antihypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Concomitant use of Tozaar H tablet and painkillers should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibacterial medicines such as trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts, etc.
Storage and disposal of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
- Store Tozaar H tablet below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tozaar H Tablet 15'S
- Symptoms of an overdose of Tozaar H tablet may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to fluctuations in your blood pressure levels.
- However, if you have missed taking any dose of Tozaar H tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Tozaar H tablet start lowering my blood pressure immediately after I take this medicine?
Q: Can I use Tozaar H tablet if I have kidney or liver disease?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Tozaar H tablet?
- Your blood pressure, kidney function and blood potassium levels need to be regularly monitored while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are undergoing any radiography with iodine contrast media.
- Tozaar H tablet should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Q: What is Tozaar H used for?
Q: When to take Tozaar H?
Q: Can I take Tozaar H with other medicines?
Q: Can I stop Tozaar H on my own?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 October 2022]
- Cozaar - Comp 100/12.5mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 October 2022]
- Cozaar - Comp 100/12.5mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 October 2022]