Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Torget Plus 20mg Tablet Description
Torget Plus Tablet is a water pill, i.e a medicine that increases the frequency of urination. It is used in the treatment of swelling in the lower limbs due to collection of excess fluid which may occur in conditions where there is reduced pumping of blood by the heart, less protein in the blood due to damage to filtration function of kidneys, liver damage, low potassium levels in the blood, etc. This tablet is also used to treat high blood pressure. Torget Plus Tablet is a combination medicine containing torsemide and spironolactone. However, due to some side effects of the medication and its interaction with some other medicines, this Tablet is recommended to be taken in doses and duration strictly as prescribed by a doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this Tablet....
|You Save||₹22.11 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Spironolactone(50.0 Mg),Torasemide / Torsemide(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Swelling in the lower limbs due to the collection of excess fluid|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Spironolactone(50.0 Mg) + Torasemide / Torsemide(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
- Torget Plus Tablet is helpful to treat swelling in the lower limbs due to the collection of excess fluid. It is used in case of liver damage and low potassium levels in the blood. It is also used to treat high blood pressure with hyperaldosteronism (a condition in which the adrenal gland releases too much of the hormone aldosterone into the blood)....
Contraindications of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to one or more components of the medicine
- If you are unable to pass urine
- If you have any liver or kidney disease
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are pregnant or you think you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding
- If you have a heart-related disorder
- If you have a condition of hepatic coma or pre-coma
- If you are currently on antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamicin or one of the cephalosporin class of medicines
- If your kidneys are damaged due to some medication in past
- If you are diagnosed with high potassium levels in the blood or are already taking a water pill (medicine like Eplerenone) that retains potassium
- If you have Addison’s disease (symptoms are stomach pain, weakness, weight loss, darkening of the skin for a long time with episodes of low blood pressure, vomiting, lower back pain and loss of consciousness)...
- If your child has moderate to severe kidney damage
Side effects of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
Can I take Torget Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Torget Plus Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Torget Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Torget Plus Tablet should not be used during breastfeeding as it passes into human milk in a small amount and can be harmful to the newborn baby. Thus, either this medicine or breastfeeding should be discontinued. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Torget Plus Tablet ?
Torget Plus Tablet can cause drowsiness and dizziness as soon as you stand. Hence, it is advised not to drive when on treatment with this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Torget Plus Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Torget Plus Tablet mg tablet as alcohol when consumed with this medicine can reduce blood pressure in a standing position, causing loss of consciousness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney
- You have any heart-related problems
- You have diabetes
- You may experience a ringing sensation in the ears, with or without loss of hearing
- You have heart disease with high levels of potassium in the blood
- You should be cautious about electrolyte imbalance which can show symptoms like irregular or fast heartbeat, tiredness, lack of energy, fits, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach or muscle cramps and weakness, irritability, confusion, headache, numbness, dry mouth, thirst, drowsiness and restlessness...
- You are above 65 years of age, as this medicine should be used with caution as the risk of having severe adverse effects may be increased
- Torget Plus Tablet may increase the potassium levels in the blood
- Male patients may develop swelling in the breast when taking this medicine
- Torget Plus Tablet is not recommended for children as there is no information on its safety and efficiency
Mode of Action of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Torsemide and Spironolactone act on various parts of the kidneys and remove the excess fluid and other unwanted ions (sodium, potassium, and chloride). It also prevents loss of potassium which is important for the proper functioning of the heart. The removal of excess fluid also helps in reducing the strain on the heart as well as lowering blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
Torget Plus Tablet should be taken by mouth with sufficient water. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine. Dosage and frequency would be as prescribed by your physician. You should take this medicine regularly at the same time and as directed by your doctor. Do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Torget Plus Tablet along with Cholestyramine, (used to lower blood cholesterol), painkillers (Probenecid and Indomethacin) or Carbenoxolone (to treat stomach ulcer), should be avoided as it will reduce the effect of this tablet....
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with Lithium (to treat psychiatric diseases) should be avoided as it may lead to lithium toxicity.
- This medicine, when taken along with blood pressure tablets like Captopril and lisinopril, may lower the blood pressure excessively and you may feel giddy, thus should be used with caution.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with blood thinners like Heparin, Cotrimoxazole (antibiotic), Indomethacin, etc. (NSAIDs) can cause an increase in the blood potassium levels.
- Concomitant use of Torget Plus Tablet with barbiturates like butabarbital or narcotics like morphine may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure causing unconsciousness.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with a high dose of salicylates like aspirin may lead to salicylate toxicity and may also cause damage to the kidneys.
- Concomitant use of this tablet with Digoxin, (used in case of heart failure), should be avoided as it may result in increased levels of it in blood and may make the heart more sensitive to the medication. You should inform your treating physician if you are already taking Digoxin....
- Antidiabetic medicine when taken along with this tablet, the action of antidiabetic medications may be reduced
- Concomitant use of this tablet with antibiotics like Amikacin, Neomycin, one of the cephalosporin class of drugs or anticancer medications like Cisplatin should be avoided as you may experience hearing loss, ringing in ears and difficulty in urination....
- Other medicines like Tubocurarine, Atracurium, Prednisone and Betamethasone should be used with caution along with Torget Plus Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
- Store Torget Plus Tablet in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Please keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Torget Plus 20mg Tablet
The overdose symptoms are weakness, dehydration, dizziness, leg cramps, drowsiness, rash, nausea, vomiting, confusion, dizziness, diarrhoea, etc. If you experience any of these symptoms or in case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Torget Plus Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence, it is better to follow the prescribed schedule for optimal results. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Torget Plus Tablet?
A: You should take Torget Plus Tablet mg tablet in doses and duration as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, do not break, cut, or chew the tablet.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay