Toras 10mg Tab
By CHANDRA BHAGAT PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Toras 10mg Tab belongs to a group of lipid-lowering medications, known as statins or HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors(enzyme involved in regulating cholesterol level in your body).
Uses of Toras 10mg Tab
Used to help lower your cholesterol level, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood) and prevent any heart problems like heart attack.
Contraindications of Toras 10mg Tab
- If you have any allergic reaction to this medicine
- If you have or ever had any liver disease, any abnormality in liver function test
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir
Side effects of Toras 10mg Tab
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from nose
- Abnormal liver function test and increased creatinin level
Precautions and Warnings of Toras 10mg Tab
Can I take Toras 10mg Tab during pregnancy?
Toras 10mg Tab should not be used in pregnancy, as this is lipid-lowering medicine which can harm the fetus. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek for safer alternative.
Can I take Toras 10mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as no information is available on the use of Toras 10mg Tab during breastfeeding. Your doctor will tell you the safety of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks. Do not take this medicine unless it's considered essential by your physician.
Can I drive if I have consumed Toras 10mg Tab?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines, however, if you observe or experience any side effect, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Toras 10mg Tab?
No information is available on interactions of Toras 10mg Tab when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information. If you have any liver disease or history of liver disease, you should inform this to your doctor before taking this medicine, as this may increase the chance of liver damage with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine
- You are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury
- You have respiratory failure
- You are addicted to alcohol
- You have any thyroid problems
- You have inability to digest lactose (lactose intolerance)
Mode of Action of Toras 10mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Toras 10mg Tab inhibits this enzyme thus lowering bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and also other lipids or fats in the blood. It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Toras 10mg Tab
- Toras 10mg Tab should be taken orally with water and with food as per the dosage prescribed by your doctor.
- Try to take the dose at same time every day.
Interactions of Toras 10mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat HIV/AIDS like ritonavir
- Medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir
- Antibiotics or any antifungal medicines like erythromycin, ketoconazole
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure or any heart problems like amlodipine, digoxin
- Blood thinners like warfarin
- Medicines used for fits like stiripentol
- Antacids like cimetidine and magnesium
- Other medicines used to lower cholesterol like ezetimibe
- Medicine used to treat pain like phenazone
- Any medicines taken without prescription
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be limited in quantity, as grapefruit may alter the effect of Toras 10mg Tab.
Storage and disposal of Toras 10mg Tab
- Does not require any special storage conditions
- Keep away from children
- Check expiry date before starting the treatment
Dosage of Toras 10mg Tab
If you think you have taken too much dose of the medicine than prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or reach to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed or have forgotten to take a single dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. But if its time for your next dose, skip the forgotten dose and continue with a regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does this medicine cause diabetes?
A: If you experienced increase in blood sugar level, inform your doctor. Slight increase in sugar level can occur after taking this medicine. Regularly check your blood levels if you are on this treatment.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved