Topaz 25mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Topaz Tablet contains Topiramate which is an anti-epileptic medicine. It is used for the treatment of epilepsy also known as fits (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or whole brain is affected). It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood. It works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or the whole brain and in turn, stops the generation of seizures. Nausea or vomiting, loose motions or constipation, tiredness, low mood, sleepiness, dizziness are some of the side effects of using Topaz Tablet. This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Uses of Topaz 25mg Tablet
Topaz Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or the whole brain is affected). It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood.
Contraindications of Topaz 25mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Topiramate or any of the other ingredients of Topaz Tablet.
- If you are pregnant and using this medicine for the prevention of migraine headache.
Side effects of Topaz 25mg Tablet
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loose motions or constipation
- Low mood
- Abnormal sensation over the body
- Blurred vision
- Loss of hair
Precautions and Warnings of Topaz 25mg Tablet
Can I take Topaz Tablet during pregnancy?
- Components of Topaz Tablet are known to be harmful to foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women.
- It is necessary to perform a pregnancy test before starting with Topaz Tablet.
- If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Topaz Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are known to be excreted in milk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Topaz Tablet?
This medicine may cause sleepiness, dizziness or blurring of vision. Therefore, avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Topaz Tablet?
Drinking alcohol while on this medicine can increase sleepiness, tiredness and other side effects of this medicine and also it can cause seizures to occur. Therefore avoid alcohol consumption while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney problems such as kidney stones.
- You have metabolic acidosis (body fluid and blood abnormality).
- You have glaucoma (an eye disorder).
- You are pregnant or a woman of childbearing age, as taking this medicine in pregnancy could be dangerous for the foetus.
- You are taking any other medicine containing topiramate
- You have suicidal thoughts or harming yourself, in such cases immediately inform your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Topaz Tablet on your own without consulting your doctor.
- The weight of the patient should be checked regularly as taking this medicine may cause weight loss.
Mode of Action of Topaz 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Topaz Tablet works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or the whole brain and in turn stop the generation of seizure.
Directions for Use of Topaz 25mg Tablet
Take Topaz Tablet as directed by the physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed the dose more than the recommended amount.
Interactions of Topaz 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Topaz Tablet with medicines used in brain diseases such as phenytoin or carbamazepine, herbal preparations of st John's wort decreases the blood concentration of this medicine.
- Taking this medicine with valproic acid can cause a decrease in body temperature.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations before starting with Topaz Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Topaz 25mg Tablet
- Store at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Topaz 25mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include sleepiness, blurring of vision, dizziness, low mood, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Topaz Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Topaz Tablet?
A: Topaz Tablet is used alone or together with other antiepileptic medicines for the treatment of epilepsy (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or whole brain is affected). It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood.
Q: How Topaz Tablet works?
A: Topaz Tablet works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or whole brain and in turn stops the generation of seizures.
Q: Can Topaz Tablet cause hair loss?
A: Topaz Tablet can cause hair loss as a side effect of using this medicine.
Q: Does Topaz Tablet make you sleepy?
A: Topaz Tablet can cause sleepiness as its side effect.
Q: Can I stop taking Topaz Tablet suddenly if I feel good?
A: Topaz Tablet should not be stopped suddenly as it may increase the chances of seizures. The dose of this medicine has to be tapered while stopping this medicine as advised by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved