Tolsama 30mg Tablet
Tolsama 30 MG Description
Tolsama Tablet contains Tolvaptan as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of low sodium levels in the blood seen in conditions such as heart disease, liver disease (liver cirrhosis), e
tc. where a decrease in fluid intake fails to increase sodium level in blood. Tolsama works by blocking the action of vasopressin hormone which is also known as an antidiuretic hormone on the kidney. This results in failure of water absorption by the kidney leading to an increase in urine production, decreasing water content in the blood and thereby increasing sodium level in the blood. Headache, dizziness, excessive thirst, loose motions, dry mouth, etc. are some of the side effects of using this medicine. This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Uses of Tolsama 30 MG
Contraindications of Tolsama 30 MG
- If you are allergic to Tolvaptan or any of the other ingredients of Tolsama Tablet.
- If your urine output in a day is less than 100ml.
- If your doctor tells you that you have a liver injury after doing a blood investigation for liver function.
- If your doctor tells you that you have a high sodium level in your blood.
- If you are a pregnant or lactating mother.
- If you have severe dehydration.
Side effects of Tolsama 30 MG
- Excessive thirst
- Loose motions
- Dry mouth
- Increased frequency of urination
- Excessive urination at night
Precautions and Warnings of Tolsama 30 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver disease or you are diabetic.
- You have difficulty in urination.
- Your blood sodium levels are too high or low.
- You have high levels of uric acids in the blood.
- You are suffering from any kidney disease.
- Use of Tolsama Tablet may cause your liver to not function properly, if you find dark urine, nausea or vomiting after using this medicine then immediately inform your doctor.
- This medicine causes loss of water from the body, it is important to drink plenty of water during the treatment.
- Tolsama Tablet should not be given to the children below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Tolsama 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tolsama 30 MG
Interactions of Tolsama 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Tolsama Tablet with other medicines such as amprenavir, aprepitant, ciprofloxacin, diltiazem, fluconazole, imatinib, verapamil, itraconazole, clarithromycin causes increases its action....
- Medicines such as rifabutin, phenytoin, rifampicin, carbamazepine, when taken together with Tolsama Tablet, can decrease the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Tolsama Tablet along with other medicines such as hypertonic saline solution cause an increase in sodium level in blood.
- Medicines used in for the removal of water from the body (diuretics) such as thiazide and loop diuretic can cause severe dehydration.
- Taking this medicine along with other medications such as desmopressin decreases the action of desmopressin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Tolsama 30 MG
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Store in the original package.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tolsama 30 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include increased frequency of urination, feeling thirsty, dehydration, etc.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.