Thyrox 50mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
Thyrox 50 MCG Description
Thyrox 50 tablet is used for the treatment of Hypothyroidism. It contains levothyroxine as its active component. It is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone known as Thyroxine produced by
the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. It is noticeable and characterized by lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold, feeling low and irregular menstrual cycle. Thyrox 50 tablet should be used with care and caution in elder patients, patients with heart diseases and patients with disorders related to the adrenal gland. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor. In case of any allergic reactions or any severe side effects contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Thyroxinol 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 147.80₹ 125.6311.02% CHEAPER₹ 1.05/Tablet
- Thyronorm 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Abbott India Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 138.43₹ 117.6716.95% CHEAPER₹ 0.98/Tablet
Uses of Thyrox 50 MCG
Contraindications of Thyrox 50 MCG
- If you are allergic to Levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Thyrox 50 tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Thyrox 50 MCG
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Thyrox 50 MCG
- Thyrox 50 tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancy, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor. ...
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause miscarriage. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Thyrox 50 tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Thyrox 50 tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Thyrox 50 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thyrox 50 MCG
- Take Thyrox 50 tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Do not stop consuming this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Thyrox 50 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Thyrox 50 tablet or Thyrox 50 tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are going through for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives. etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Thyrox 50 tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Thyrox 50 tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Thyrox 50 MCG
Dosage of Thyrox 50 MCG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I take tab Thyrox 50?
Q: Can I take Thyrox tablet to lose weight?
Q: Can Thyrox 50 tablet and Esomoprazole be taken together?
Q: When should I take tablet Thyrox 50?
Q: Are Thyrox 50 and Thyronorm the same?
Q: For how long do I need to take the Thyrox 50mcg tablet?
Q: Can I take Thyrox 50 during pregnancy?
Q: What is the composition of Thyrox 50?
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]