Threomycin 333mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Threomycin 333 MG Description
Threomycin Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes, skin, respiratory tract, urinary tract, etc. Threomycin Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing tetracycline as an active ingr
edient. This medicine acts by inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing organism. Take this medicine for the prescribed dose and duration. You should take this medicine with food to avoid stomach upset. You should complete the entire treatment course with this medicine, as an incomplete course of antibiotics can result in treatment failure.
Uses of Threomycin 333 MG
Contraindications of Threomycin 333 MG
Side effects of Threomycin 333 MG
- Sensitivity to light
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Threomycin 333 MG
- It passes into the breastmilk and may affect the newborn baby. Hence it is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment.
- However, if the doctor suggests you to take the Threomycin Tablet depending on your condition then he may ask you to monitor the breastfed baby for the symptoms like diarrhoea or rashes.
Other General Warnings
- You may develop permanent discolouration of the tooth.
- You have a kidney problem, then this medicine may lead to increased levels of urea, phosphates or acid in the blood, etc.
- You miss your dose of antibiotics frequently, which may lead to treatment failure or bacterial resistance.
- You may experience persistent diarrhoea or blood in stool, treatment should be stopped immediately.
- You are taking this medicine for a long time and also you have a liver or kidney problem, as much caution is required in such patients. Your doctor may suggest you to monitor liver and kidney tests regularly during the treatment....
- You may experience swelling and pain in the pancreas due to prolonged use.
- You may suffer from muscle weakness or autoimmune disorders.
- You may develop sensitivity to sunlight, in such a condition doctor may stop the medicine.
Mode of Action of Threomycin 333 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Threomycin 333 MG
Interactions of Threomycin 333 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines containing iron, calcium, aluminium, magnesium, bismuth and zinc salts, can affect the activity of this medicine, so it should be given between a gap of 2-3 hours.
- It can prolong the action of anticoagulants like coumarin.
- Concomitant use of tetracyclines and retinoids (acitretin, isotretinoin, tretinoin) can increase the risk of high blood pressure inside the brain.
- If you take this medicine along with methoxyflurane which is used as an anaesthetic, can cause adverse effects to kidney like you may find the presence of nitrogen in urine reports.
- Antidiarrhoeal medicines like kaolin-pectin and bismuth subsalicylate can affect the absorption of this medicine
- Water pills like furosemide can impair with kidney function.
- Antibiotics like penicillin can oppose the action of this medicine.
- You are diabetic then it can increase the effect of antidiabetic medicines like insulin, glimepiride.
- Other medicines are atovaquone to treat pneumonia, antacids like sucralfate, lithium to treat the mental condition, digoxin to treat a heart condition, colestipol and cholestyramine, oral contraceptives, strontium ranelate for osteoporosis, ergotamine and methysergide to treat migraine can affect the absorption of this medicine....
- It can cause adverse effects if used along with methotrexate to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Threomycin 333 MG
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in original packing in order to protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Threomycin 333 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the Threomycin Tablet during viral and running nose?
Q: Can I stop the treatment with the Threomycin Tablet before the prescribed duration if I feel an improvement in symptoms?
- Tetracycline Tablets BP 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Tetracycline [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Tetracycline Tablets BP 250mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]