Tersin 100mcg Injection 10ml
Tersin 1 MG Description
Tersin Injection contain terlipressin as its active medicine. It is used for the treatment of bleeding oesophagal varices (bleeding from dilated veins in the food pipe leading to your stomach). Tersi
n Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse at the hospital setting or a clinic. Inform your doctor about all the known medical conditions, medical and medication history as well as all the medicines you are taking, including herbal supplements.
Uses of Tersin 1 MG
- Tersin Injection is used for the treatment of bleeding oesophagal varices (bleeding from dilated veins in the food pipe leading to your stomach).
Contraindications of Tersin 1 MG
Side effects of Tersin 1 MG
- Transient abdominal cramps, diarrhoea
Precautions and Warnings of Tersin 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have severe bleeding in your food pipe (oesophagus).
- You are suffering from a severe infection known as septic shock
- You suffer from bronchial asthma or other conditions that affect your breathing
- You suffer from uncontrolled high blood pressure, insufficient blood circulation in the heart vessels (e.g. angina), have previously had a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or you have hardening of the arteries (arteriosclerosis)...
- You suffer from irregular heartbeats (cardiac arrhythmias)
- You have poor blood circulation to your brain (e.g. you have had a stroke) or to your limbs (peripheral vascular disease)
- You suffer from impaired kidney function (renal insufficiency)
- You suffer from disturbances in the level of salt (electrolytes) in your blood
- You are suffering from the reduced amount of fluid in your circulation or have already lost a large amount of blood
- You are pregnant
- You are over the age of 70 years
Mode of Action of Tersin 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tersin 1 MG
- Tersin Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Tersin 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Tersin Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Tersin 1 MG
Dosage of Tersin 1 MG
- Your doctor or nurse will give Tersin Injection. Therefore, it is less likely that you shall receive more of this medicine. If you experience the symptoms right after taking the injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Tersin Injection used for?
Q: What are the side effects of Tersin Injection?
- Side effects associated with Tersin are headache, hypertension, hypotension, paleness and transient abdominal cramps, diarrhoea etc. If side effects persist, then inform your doctor.
- Terlipressin Acetate 1mg Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Terlipressin Acetate 1mg Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]