Tenan 0.25mg Tablets
Tenan 0.25 MG Description
Tenan Tablet contains Alprazolam which belongs to the benzodiazepines (BZDs) class of medicines, used to treat short-term anxiety associated with worry, fear, depression and panic disorders. It acts
by decreasing the excessive and abnormal activity of the brain cells, leaving a calming effect on the brain. Tenan Tablet should be taken at the same time of the day to maintain its consistent levels. It can be taken irrespective of food timings, but with water. This tablet must be taken in dose frequency and duration as prescribed by your doctor because of its high risk of habit-forming. Don't stop taking this medicine on your own. Common side effects of Tenan Tablet are lightheadedness, drowsiness, and dizziness, so don't do work that requires alertness like driving. It may also result in weight gain or weight loss depending on person to person. If you are prescribed Tenan Tablet for a long term, monitoring blood sugar and liver functions are required.
|You Save||₹1.41 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Short-term treatment of anxiety disorder, Anxiety associated with depression, and Panic disorders.|
|Side effects||Light-headedness, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Headache, Weight changes, Tiredness, Changes in appetite|
Uses of Tenan 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO guidelines, Tenan Tablet is used for -
- Short-term treatment of anxiety disorder,
- Anxiety associated with depression,
- Panic disorders.
Contraindications of Tenan 0.25 MG
- If you are an infant or a child below 2 years and in older age groups, unless essential.
- If you have a history of allergy to any components of this medicine or similar medicines.
- If you are pregnant, lactating, diagnosed with any kidney or liver disease, caution should be taken.
- If you are taking antifungal treatment with Itraconazole and ketoconazole.
- If you are suffering from glaucoma.
Side effects of Tenan 0.25 MG
- Weight changes
Precautions and Warnings of Tenan 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to Tenan Tablet or any other medicines.
- You are taking other medications, therapies or supplements.
- You have self-harm thoughts.
- You have any liver, kidney, or heart illnesses.
Mode of Action of Tenan 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tenan 0.25 MG
- Follow the directions on your prescription and label of Tenan Tablet carefully, and use Tenan Tablet accordingly. If you cannot swallow whole tablets, you can break them or crush them and then have them with water....
- A doctor will mostly start you on a low dose therapy and gradually increase weekly. Your doctor may advise some blood tests to find out the suitable dose as some people respond in a different way to Alprazolam depending on the genetic factors. Continue to take this medicine unless told by your doctor to stop it....
Interactions of Tenan 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Tenan Tablet with certain other medicines can alter the effect of either of them and lead to an unpleasant side effect.
- Antiviral Abacavir, Adefovir- These can keep the levels of Tenan Tablet high in the blood and may result in overdose unknowingly.
- Amisulpride and Alprazolam, if used together, increase amisulpride levels, resulting in abnormal heart rate.
- Amitriptyline Hormonal contraceptives don't work effectively while on the Tenan Tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Talk to your doctor about eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while taking Tenan Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Tenan 0.25 MG
Dosage of Tenan 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine