Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telvas Ct Tablet contains a combination of Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, used to lower the raised blood pressure when it cannot be managed using a single component medicine. It belongs to the class
of medicines known as 'Diuretics' and 'Angiotensin receptor blocker (ARBs)' respectively. It is broadly classified as antihypertensive medications. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing diuresis, which acts in a synergistic manner to lower the raised blood pressure. Telvas Ct Tablet should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine as it may cause a sudden hypertensive crisis and worsen the health further. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor....
Uses of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
Telvas Ct Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure
Contraindications of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or Chlorthalidone or any other ingredients of Telvas Ct Tablet.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like Sulfasalazine and any other drugs from this class.
- If you are a pregnant & breastfeeding women.
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to the bile duct (a canal connecting the liver to the intestine) like cholestasis.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and decrease in potassium levels.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and you are taking medicines for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren.
Side effects of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
Can I take Telvas Ct Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Telvas Ct Tablet are known to cause foetal abnormalities and death. Thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy. If you are on this medicine and planning a pregnancy, inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
Can I take Telvas Ct Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Telvas Ct Tablet can pass into the breastmilk. It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive I have consumed Telvas Ct Tablet?
It is advised not to drive after taking Telvas Ct Tablet. You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this medicine which hampers your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Telvas Ct Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking Telvas Ct Tablet as it contains unwanted calories and that can lead to unwanted weight gain, that's a risk factor for high blood pressure and it can also increase the unwanted side effects of this medicine and alter the effect of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience fainting, giddiness, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed.
- You are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis and biliary obstructive.
- Your kidneys are not functioning properly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels).
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- You have serious heart and heart valve-related problems like congestive heart failure, aortic or mitral stenosis and ischaemic cardiopathy.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have diabetes as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed.
- You have an electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Mode of Action of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing the blood vessels and rise in blood pressure.
- Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
- Telvas Ct Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food. Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop this medicine on your own.
- This medicine tends to catch moisture. Thus, it should be taken out from the blister just before use.
Interactions of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, any interactions seen with these twocomponents when taken alone may occur with this combination too....Read more
- Medicines used for heart failure like Digoxin should be used cautiously.
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking Spironolactone, Eplerenone, Triamterene or Amiloride, potassium supplements or potassium-containing salt substitutes.
- Medicines used to treat mental illness like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine.
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking water tablets, Losartan, Aliskiren and immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus and Trimethoprim and Heparin.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin).
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicines.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interferes the way this medicine works.
- Medicines used to relax muscle like Tubocurarine. This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements.
- Other medicines which may not be able to work properly like Quinidine, Digoxin, Sotalol and Norepinephrine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C and try to keep it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Telvas Ct 40mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact you
r doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems. If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....Read more
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit the intake of salt in your diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Limit meat intake.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What is Chlorthalidone? Is it the same as Chlorothiazide?
A: Chlorthalidone is a diuretic (water pill - increases the production of urine) like Hydrochlorothiazide but it is not a thiazide diuretic. Chlorthalidone is more potent and longer-acting compared to Chlorothiazide. Chlorthalidone is commonly used for the treatment of high blood pressure and oedema (fluid overload) associated with the heart, kidney or liver diseases or due to other medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Telvas Ct Tablet?
A: Serum electrolytes should be regularly monitored while on treatment with Telvas Ct Tablet because it may alter blood potassium, sodium and chloride levels. Renal function also needs to be monitored closely as this medicine can compromise the functioning of kidneys in some patients. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Q: Why do I experience frequent urination after taking Telvas Ct Tablet?
A: The excess fluid that builds up in the body gets eliminated via urine, thereby lowering your blood pressure and provide relief from oedema.
Q: Can I stop Telvas Ct Tablet if experience more side effects?
A: No, you should never stop any of the medication without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications. Talk to your doctor about all the intolerable side effects, he can suggest some alternative medicine.
|You Save||₹11.23 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg),Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Breathlessness, fainting, muscle pain, loose stools|
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 11:55 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved