Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telmikind Ct Tablet contains a combination of Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, used to lower the raised blood pressure when it cannot be managed using a single component medicine. It belongs to the cla
ss of medicines known as 'Diuretics' and 'Angiotensin receptor blocker (ARBs)' respectively. It is broadly classified as antihypertensive medications. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing diuresis, which acts in a synergistic manner to lower the raised blood pressure. Telmikind Ct Tablet should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine as it may cause a sudden hypertensive crisis and worsen the health further. Always take it as prescribed and advised by your doctor....
Uses of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Telmikind Ct Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure
Contraindications of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or Chlorthalidone or any other ingredients of Telmikind Ct Tablet.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like Sulfasalazine and any other drugs from this class.
- If you are a pregnant & breastfeeding women.
- If you have serious liver disorders and problems related to the bile duct (a canal connecting the liver to the intestine) like cholestasis.
- If you feel difficulty in passing urine or passing no urine at all (anuria).
- If your blood test shows a significant increase in calcium and decrease in potassium levels.
- If you have diabetes or kidney problems and you are taking medicines for lowering the blood pressure like Aliskiren.
Side effects of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Muscle and back pain
- Loose stools
- Tingling sensation
- Peeling of skin and formation of blisters
Precautions and Warnings of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Telmikind Ct Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Telmikind Ct Tablet are known to cause foetal abnormalities and death. Thus, it should never be taken during pregnancy. If you are on this medicine and planning a pregnancy, inform your doctor as your medicine needs to be changed.
Can I take Telmikind Ct Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Telmikind Ct Tablet can pass into the breastmilk. It is advised not to use this medicine when you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive I have consumed Telmikind Ct Tablet?
It is advised not to drive after taking Telmikind Ct Tablet. You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this medicine which hampers your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Telmikind Ct Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking Telmikind Ct Tablet as it contains unwanted calories and that can lead to unwanted weight gain, that's a risk factor for high blood pressure and it can also increase the unwanted side effects of this medicine and alter the effect of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience fainting, giddiness, especially after the first dose.
- You are planning a pregnancy, this medicine will be changed.
- You are facing problems with liver function and related organs-like cholestasis and biliary obstructive.
- Your kidneys are not functioning properly or you have underlying kidney disease like renal artery stenosis (Narrow kidney blood vessels).
- You have been experiencing fluid losses within your body due to diarrhoea, vomiting, etc.
- You have serious heart and heart valve-related problems like congestive heart failure, aortic or mitral stenosis and ischaemic cardiopathy.
- You are suffering from primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands).
- You have diabetes as this medicine may affect your blood glucose levels, glucose monitoring is needed.
- You have an electrolyte imbalance of sodium, magnesium, potassium and have symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Mode of Action of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telmisartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the action of a hormone called angiotensin, responsible for narrowing the blood vessels and rise in blood pressure.
- Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, thereby lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Telmikind Ct Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food. Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do. Never stop this medicine on your own....Read more
- This medicine tends to catch moisture. Thus, it should be taken out from the blister just before use.
Interactions of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Chlorthalidone and Telmisartan, any interactions seen with these twocomponents when taken alone may occur with this combination too....Read more
- Medicines used for heart failure like Digoxin should be used cautiously.
- Your blood potassium levels may go down if you are taking Spironolactone, Eplerenone, Triamterene or Amiloride, potassium supplements or potassium-containing salt substitutes.
- Medicines used to treat mental illness like Lithium, Thioridazine and Chlorpromazine.
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking water tablets, Losartan, Aliskiren and immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus and Trimethoprim and Heparin.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking medicine for diabetes like Insulin and Metformin along with this medicine (severe kidney problems may also arise with metformin).
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicines.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interferes the way this medicine works.
- Medicines used to relax muscle like Tubocurarine. This medicine can increase blood calcium levels if you are taking vitamin D and calcium supplements.
- Other medicines which may not be able to work properly like Quinidine, Digoxin, Sotalol and Norepinephrine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C and try to keep it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Telmikind Ct 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include low blood pressure, irregular heart rhythms, dizziness, excessive urination, nausea and vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact you
r doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you never miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine as it may lead to serious high blood pressure-related problems. If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....Read more
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit the intake of salt in your diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Limit meat intake.
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What is Chlorthalidone? Is it the same as Chlorothiazide?
A: Chlorthalidone is a diuretic (water pill - increases the production of urine) like Hydrochlorothiazide but it is not a thiazide diuretic. Chlorthalidone is more potent and longer-acting compared to Chlorothiazide. Chlorthalidone is commonly used for the treatment of high blood pressure and oedema (fluid overload) associated with the heart, kidney or liver diseases or due to other medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Telmikind Ct Tablet?
A: Serum electrolytes should be regularly monitored while on treatment with Telmikind Ct Tablet because it may alter blood potassium, sodium and chloride levels. Renal function also needs to be monitored closely as this medicine can compromise the functioning of kidneys in some patients. This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Q: Why do I experience frequent urination after taking Telmikind Ct Tablet?
A: The excess fluid that builds up in the body gets eliminated via urine, thereby lowering your blood pressure and provide relief from oedema.
Q: Can I stop Telmikind Ct Tablet if experience more side effects?
A: No, you should never stop any of the medication without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications. Talk to your doctor about all the intolerable side effects, he can suggest some alternative medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹11.98 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg),Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Breathlessness, fainting, muscle pain, loose stools|
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 11:55 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved