Telekast L Kid Syp
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
8 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telekast L Kid Syrup is used for the management of symptoms such as runny & stuffy nose (allergic rhinitis), blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It is a co
mbination of two medicines, montelukast and levocetirizine. Telekast L Kid Syrup works by reducing the constriction and swelling of airways and blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine, preferably at bedtime, as it may cause dizziness....
Uses of Telekast L Kid Syp
To treat allergic rhinitis.
Contraindications of Telekast L Kid Syp
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine like levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Telekast L Kid Syp
- Dry mouth
- Blocked nose
- Increased liver enzymes
- Pain in the stomach and abdomen
Precautions and Warnings of Telekast L Kid Syp
Can I take Telekast L Kid Syrup during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Telekast L Kid Syrup while breastfeeding?
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby.
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telekast L Kid Syrup?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Telekast L Kid Syrup?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment, as it might alter your alertness. Do not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness, as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin, as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Telekast L Kid Syp
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotriene, which cause symptoms of allergy. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Telekast L Kid Syp
- Take Telekast L Kid Syrup as directed by your physician.
- Telekast L Kid Syrup can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Telekast L Kid Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Telekast L Kid Syrup contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat psychotic disorders may cause drowsiness if used concomitantly.
- The use of Medicine used to treat fits such as Phenytoin together with this medicine can affect the effect of this medicine.
- Antiviral Medicine such as Ritonavir may interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine when used concomitantly.
Storage and disposal of Telekast L Kid Syp
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Telekast L Kid Syp
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression. Can Telekast L Kid Syrup worsen it?
A: Telekast L Kid Syrup is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take Telekast L Kid Syrup during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking Telekast L Kid Syrup as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can I take Telekast L Kid Syrup in pregnancy?
A: Yes, it can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Due to inadequate information on its safety in pregnancy, you should avoid self-medicating this medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Telekast L Kid Syrup if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
- MONTAIR LC [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- MTnL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 19 Apr 2021 | 10:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved