Teicogress 400mg Injection
By LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
400mg Powder For Injection in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Teicogress 400 MG Description
Teicogress Powder For Injection contains Teicoplanin as its active ingredient. It is used for treating serious bacterial infections. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a do
ctor or nurse as an Powder For Injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
|Side effects||Skin rashes, itching, fever|
Check more medicines with composition as Teicoplanin(400.0 Mg)
Uses of Teicogress 400 MG
Teicogress Powder For Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Teicogress 400 MG
If you are allergic to Teicoplanin or any other ingredients of Teicogress Powder For Injection.
Side effects of Teicogress 400 MG
- Powder For Injection site reactions like pain, redness, swelling
- Skin rashes, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Teicogress 400 MG
Can I take Teicogress Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
- Teicogress Powder For Injection should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only give you this medicine if considered essential and if the benefits overweigh the risks.
Can I take Teicogress Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Teicoplanin passes into breast milk, hence you should not use Teicogress Powder For Injection while breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Teicogress Powder For Injection?
Teicogress Powder For Injection may sometimes cause dizziness and headache, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Teicogress Powder For Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Teicogress Powder For Injection, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to another antibiotic called vancomycin.
- You have problems with your kidneys.
- You have a low platelet count.
- You have a condition called red man syndrome (symptoms include redness, itching, rash, fever, chills).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition.
- You are on other medications which may affect your kidneys, hearing or nervous system.
- You develop some serious side effects or allergic reactions after treatment with Teicogress Powder For Injection.
Mode of Action of Teicogress 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Teicoplanin in Teicogress Powder For Injection works by killing the bacteria which causes infection in your body.
Directions for Use of Teicogress 400 MG
- Teicogress Powder For Injection will be given to you in a hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Teicogress 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Teicogress Powder For Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Teicogress Powder For Injection along with aminoglycoside solutions should be avoided.
- This medicine should be used with caution along with aminoglycosides, colistin, amphotericin B, ciclosporin, cisplatin, furosemide and ethacrynic acid.
Storage and disposal of Teicogress 400 MG
- Store Teicogress Powder For Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Teicogress 400 MG
Teicogress Powder For Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you feel agitated or experience any other symptoms right after taking this Powder For Injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when Teicogress Powder For Injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Teicogress Powder For Injection?
A: Teicogress Powder For Injection is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
Q: Can I take Teicogress Powder For Injection on my own?
A: No, you should not take Teicogress Powder For Injection on your own, as you do not know the site of administration or the appropriate dose. So, it is always advisable to get this Powder For Injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. You should always do as instructed by your doctor or visit the hospital
Q: Can I stop taking Teicogress Powder For Injection on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking Teicogress Powder For Injection without consulting the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you discontinue this medicine before completing the treatment, your symptoms may reoccur.
Q: Is Teicogress Powder For Injection an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Teicogress Powder For Injection is an antibiotic.
- Targocid 400mg powder for solution for injection/infusion or oral solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Targocid 400mg powder for solution for injection/infusion or oral solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO- Teicoplanin [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed