Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tazloc Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Telmisartan as its active ingredient. It belongs to "Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARBs)" class of medicine. It is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. Along with the medications, you need to be particular about your diet like low salt diet and should include exercise in your daily routine. You should not take any potassium supplements during the treatment because it may increase the blood potassium level. During the treatment it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and doctor may also ask for few kidney tests also during the treatment. Tazloc Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. Before using Tazloc Tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tazloc Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindications of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredient of Tazloc Tablet.
- If you are in 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have bile duct obstruction.
- If you are on diabetic medicine containing aliskiren.
Side effects of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swelling of face
- Increased potassium levels
- Flatulence (gas)
- Dry Mouth
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Tazloc Tablet during pregnancy?
Tazloc Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby, especially during 2nd and 3rd trimester. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Tazloc Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tazloc Tablet is not recommended to use while breastfeeding as it may cause harm to the newborn baby. It is advised to consult your doctor for an alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tazloc Tablet?
Tazloc Tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy, which can influence your ability to drive. Hence, caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tazloc Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol during the treatment with Tazloc Tablet as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- You are suffering from liver disease.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are on medications like Ramipril, Lisinopril.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood.
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant.
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys.
- You develop diarrhoea, vomiting. This dehydration can result in low blood pressure. Have an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels).
Mode of Action of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels through prevention of the binding of angiotensin-II (a substance causing constriction of blood vessels leading to increased blood pressure) to its receptors.
Directions for Use of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Tazloc Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily to gain optimal benefit.
- It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush, break or chew this medicine.
Interactions of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Tazloc Tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like Blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin etc.read less
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine
- Concomitant use of Tazloc Tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair with kidney functions
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
High potassium-containing foods should be avoided like spinach, broccoli, potatoes as it may cause irregular heartbeat, weakness, confusion, feelings of heaviness in the legs or tingling of the extremities.
Storage and disposal of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Tazloc Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Tazloc 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose can cause symptoms such as increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of Tazloc Tablet, give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the special instructions to be followed while consuming the medicine?
A: If you suffer from any kidney disorders or diabetes, the doctor might ask you to conduct several tests during treatment for monitoring and deciding the further course of the therapy. Regular consumption of alcohol during treatment should be avoided to prevent liver damage.
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
A: Try to have less amount of potassium-containing foods like mushrooms, pea, cucumber, banana etc. Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter. Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
Q: When and how should I use the medicine?
A: Tazloc Tablet is to be taken as a whole with a glass of water. It should preferably be taken in the morning with food. However, the doctor's prescription should be followed exactly. The medicine should be taken at the same time every day and not stopped abruptly. The doctor should be consulted before stopping the medication or any other queries.
Q: What are the things to be discussed with the healthcare practitioner before the consumption of Telmisartan?
A: The healthcare practitioner should be informed about the current and past medications, including natural or herbal supplements. He/she should be informed about the presence of any kidney or liver disorders, diabetes or high-risk diabetes, excessive vomiting or diarrhoea and other heart-related conditions.
Q: Why is Tazloc Tablet given?
A: Tazloc Tablet is given mainly to reduce the raised blood pressure and also as an adjuvant to treat certain heart conditions.
Last Updated on: 27 Mar 2021 | 07:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved