Tancodep 2mg Tablet
Tancodep 2mg Tablet Description
Tancodep 2 mg helps tackle depression. It is a prescription medicine to be taken as advised by your doctor. Tancodep 2 mg contains diazepam and imipramine as its active ingredients. Both the ingredi
ents together help in relieving the symptoms of depression better. Tancodep 2 mg relaxes your brain and boosts the chemicals that improve your mood. Depression is a common but serious illness. It affects the way you think, the way you feel, or the way you act. Signs of depression in the affected individuals include loss of interest in tasks they used to enjoy earlier, frequent episodes of low mood or changes in eating, sleeping, or thinking patterns. The affected individual finds life worthless and has suicidal thoughts. Depression needs treatment to prevent the worst outcomes. Take Tancodep 2 mg at the same time every day so that there is consistent availability of it in your body. It takes a few weeks for the tablets to work. You need to take Tancodep 2 mg for more than six months or as advised by your doctor. Never stop taking the tablets without your doctor’s recommendation. If you missed taking the pill, take it as soon as you remember. If you experience drastic mood changes, remember to inform your doctor at the earliest.
|You Save||₹3.47 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Diazepam(2.0 Mg) + Imipramine(25.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, Altered memory, Constipation, Difficulty in passing urine, Dry mouth.|
Uses of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
- Tancodep 2 mg tablets help you fight depression.
Contraindications of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
- Tancodep 2 mg is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Allergy to diazepam or imipramine or both.
- Addiction to medicines or alcohol.
- Liver disease.
- Heart disease.
- Myasthenia gravis (a condition with varying degrees of skeletal muscle weakness).
- Porphyria (blood disorder leading to dysfunction of heme production).
- Glaucoma (a condition with increased pressure inside the eye).
- Difficulty in passing urine.
- Sleep apnoea or sleep disorder.
- Children under six years of age.
- Tancodep 2 mg is not recommended in the following conditions unless the doctor advises:
- Memory loss.
- Blurred vision.
- Fatigue or extreme tiredness.
- Constipation or difficulty in emptying bowels.
- Adults under 25 years of age.
- Elderly patients.
Side effects of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
- Tancodep 2 mg might cause the following side effects:
- Blurred vision
- Altered memory
- Dry mouth or reduced saliva in the mouth
- Increased heart rate
- Weight gain
- Orthostatic hypotension or sudden lowering of BP when the individual stands up
Precautions and Warnings of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are diagnosed with any kind of disease, for instance, kidney disease. It might cause adverse effects on the kidneys.
- You are consuming any other medicine.
- You have any hereditary diseases running in the family.
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning for pregnancy.
- Never stop the medicine without your doctor’s approval. Tancodep 2 mg takes a few weeks to start working. Even if you feel better, you should take the medicine for the prescribed amount of time. Sudden stopping of medicine without your doctor’s approval could lead to dire consequences....
Mode of Action of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
- For Tancodep 2 mg, follow the dosage and duration suggested by your doctor. Your doctor prescribes the dosage and duration based on your condition.
- Preferably take the medicine every day at a fixed time.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet or break it into pieces.
- In case you miss your dose, take it as soon as you remember.
Interactions of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tancodep 2 mg might cause severe unwanted effects if taken along with the following medicines:
- Discuss with your doctor before taking any kind of medicine.
Interactions with food items
- Tancodep 2 mg tablets do not interact with food. You can take the tablets either before food or after food.
- Never consume alcohol when you are on treatment with tablets such as Tancodep 2 mg.
Storage and disposal of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
Dosage of Tancodep 2mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When I am on Tancodep 2 mg, is it safe to operate heavy machinery?
Q: Is Tancodep 2 mg safe?
Q: Does Tancodep 2mg cause addiction?
- Adinazolam, diazepam, imipramine, and placebo in major depressive disorder: a controlled study - [Internet]. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, [cited 25 December, 2021]
- A double blind study in out-patients with primary non-agitated depression treated with imipramine in combination with placebo, diazepam or dixyrazine - [Internet]. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, [cited 25 December, 2021]
- Alprazolam, diazepam, imipramine, and placebo in outpatients with major depression - [Internet]. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, [cited 25 December, 2021]
- Antidepressants plus benzodiazepines for adults with major depression- [Internet]. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, [cited 25 December, 2021]
- Withdrawal reactions to diazepam in combined imipramine/diazepam treatment of primary nonagitated depressed outpatients - [Internet]. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, [cited 25 December, 2021]
- Drug-drug interactions in the treatment for alcohol use disorders: A comprehensive review - [Internet]. Pharmacological Research, ScienceDirect, [cited 25 December, 2021]
- PRACTICE GUIDELINE FOR THE Treatment of Patients With Major Depressive Disorder – Third Edition - [Internet]. [cited 25 December, 2021]
- IMPROVING ACCESS TO AND APPROPRIATE USE OF MEDICINES FOR MENTAL DISORDERS - [Internet]. World Health Organization 2017 [cited 25 December, 2021]
- What is depression - [internet]. [cited 19 December, 2021]