Tambac O Tablet
By CADILA PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tambac O Tablet Description
Tambac O Tablet is a combination of antibiotic medicines, namely - cefpodoxime and ofloxacin. It is used to treat various bacterial infections in adults. It works by its dual mechanism of action, Ofl
oxacin interferes with the DNA synthesis of bacteria whereas, Cefpodoxime inhibits the cell wall synthesis of the bacterial cell. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor, do not stop your own if you feel better. Always complete the course of this medicine. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over-the-counter medicines you are consuming before starting with Tambac O Tablet.
|Contains||Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, stomach pain, headache, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg)
4 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tambac O Tablet
- Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 205.00₹ 174.2525.26% CHEAPER₹ 17.43/Tablet
- Swich O TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 256.00₹ 217.606.69% CHEAPER₹ 21.76/Tablet
- Olfi Pod 200/200mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 227.60₹ 193.4617.02% CHEAPER₹ 19.35/Tablet
- Cepodem O TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.00₹ 178.5023.46% CHEAPER₹ 17.85/Tablet
Uses of Tambac O Tablet
- Tambac O Tablet is used to treat lower and upper respiratory tract infection like pneumonia, tuberculosis, asthma.
- It is used to treat typhoid fever in adults.
Contraindications of Tambac O Tablet
- If you have an allergic reaction to the medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any other antibiotics.
- If you have a history of fits or epilepsy or you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have problems related to tendons, like swelling or inflammation in the tendons.
- If you or your family have a history of a genetic condition that affects red blood cells (due to deficiency glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- As this medicine contains cefpodoxime and ofloxacin, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Tambac O Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Peptic ulcers
- Swelling of feet, persistent fever or sore throat
- Pounding heartbeat, dark urine, change in the amount of urine
- Yellowing of skin
Precautions and Warnings of Tambac O Tablet
Can I take Tambac O Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use this medicine during pregnancy. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, then discontinue the medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Tambac O Tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into breast milk and affects the health of the child. Therefore, do not breastfeed during the treatment. Your doctor may suggest to either discontinue the medicine or to discontinue the breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tambac O Tablet?
You might experience dizziness or sleepiness, visual disturbance, etc. after taking this medicine. In that case, avoid driving and using any machines or tools.
Can I consume alcohol with Tambac O Tablet?
Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it can make you feel dizzier or more sleepy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of heart problems like irregular heart rhythm, rapid heartbeat.
- You have a history of an allergy to any medicines or any other antibiotics.
- You experience diarrhoea due to clostridium difficile.
- You have a history of brain disease or muscle weakness.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level or disturbance in vision.
Mode of Action of Tambac O Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus inhibits their growth.
- Cefpodoxime inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis, which is essential for the survival of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Tambac O Tablet
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor
- It should be taken with food
Interactions of Tambac O Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen, Fenbufencan can increase the chance of fits.
- Other medicines that can interact with Tambac O Tablet are antacids such as Cimetidine, medicines used to treat gout such as Probenecid, water pill such as furosemide, blood thinner medicine such as warfarin, antibiotics such as clarithromycin and medicines used to treat psychiatric diseases such as lithium....
Storage and disposal of Tambac O Tablet
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Tambac O Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include fits, unconsciousness, dizziness or confusion. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, then it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: What does Tambac O Tablet contains?
A: Tambac O Tablet contains a combination of two antibiotic medicines, Ofloxacin and Cefpodoxime. This medicine is used to treat various bacterial infections.
Q: What precautions do I need to take before starting with Tambac O Tablet
A: Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are taking, any other diseases you have and also inform them of any known allergies you are having.
Q: Can Tambac O be used to treat viral infections?
A: No, Tambac O is used to treat bacterial infections only. It is not effective in viral infections.
Q: Can the use of Tambac O cause diarrhoea?
A: Diarrhoea is one of the common side effects after taking this antibiotic, which usually resolves with time. If such symptoms persist for long then, inform the doctor but do not take any anti-diarrhoeal medicine on your own without consulting the doctor. Also, try to keep yourself hydrated.
Q: What is the use of Tambac O?
A: Tambac O Tablet is used to treat lower and upper respiratory tract infections like pneumonia, tuberculosis, asthma. It is also used to treat typhoid fever in adults.
- CDSCO. Cefpodoxime and Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cefpodoxime: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cefdox tablet [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cefpodoxime (Oral Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed