Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
20g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Takfa Forte Oint 20gm contains Tacrolimus as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of eczema (a condition that makes your skin itchy and red). This medicine is used in patients who do not respond to treatments. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. This medicine is not recommended for use by children below 16 years of age.
Uses of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is used to treat a skin condition called atopic dermatitis or eczema (itchy inflammation of the skin).
Contraindications of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
If you are allergic to Tacrolimus or any other ingredients of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm.
Side effects of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
- Burning or tingling sensation, pain, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, peeling, redness of skin at the area Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is applied.
- Increased skin sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
Can I apply Takfa Forte Oint 20gm during pregnancy?
Takfa Forte Oint 20gm should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety during human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the benefits overweigh the risks.
Can I apply Takfa Forte Oint 20gm while breastfeeding?
Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is not recommended while breastfeeding as Tacrolimus passes into breast milk. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Takfa Forte Oint 20gm?
Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or the ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Takfa Forte Oint 20gm?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Takfa Forte Oint 20gm as it may cause skin redness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from liver diseases.
- You are suffering from skin tumours or have a hereditary skin disease like
- You have a weak immune system.
- You are suffering from any rare genetic skin diseases like Netherton's syndrome.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Takfa Forte Oint 20gm.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is not recommended for use by patients below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
How Does It Work?
Tacrolimus in Takfa Forte Oint 20gm works by suppressing the skin’s immune system, thus reducing allergic reactions like redness, swelling, itching and relieving eczema.
Directions for Use of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
- Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not cover the affected area of the skin with bandages, wraps or other wound dressing.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream.Read less
- Takfa Forte Oint 20gm should be used with caution along with erythromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole and diltiazem.
- Do not use moisturising creams and lotions within 2 hours of applying Takfa Forte Oint 20gm.
Storage and disposal of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
- Store Takfa Forte Oint 20gm in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm
As Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Takfa Forte Oint 20gm, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Takfa Forte Oint 20gm?
A: Takfa Forte Oint 20gm is used to treat a skin condition called atopic dermatitis or eczema (itchy inflammation of the skin).
Q: Can I use Takfa Forte Oint 20gm on the face?
A: Yes, Takfa Forte Oint 20gm can be used on the face if prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Takfa Forte Oint 20gm?
A: If you get any medicine in your eyes, then rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse. If you still experience any discomfort, please contact your doctor immediately.
Q: For how long to use Takfa Forte Oint 20gm?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for Takfa Forte Oint 20gm. Do not stop applying this medicine on your own.
Last Updated on: 14 Apr 2021 | 11:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved