Szetalo Ls Tablet
Szetalo Ls Tablet Description
Szetalo Ls Tablet is a prescription medication commonly used for mood disorders, anxiety and comorbid depression (depression associated with other conditions). Anxiety and other mood disorders affect
how you feel. Major depressive disorder is one of the mood disorders. The reasons behind it are mostly unknown. Sometimes it can be caused by sudden triggers like stress, trauma, etc. Szetalo Ls Tablet is a combination of two active ingredients: escitalopram and clonazepam. Escitalopram is an antidepressant medication, as it increases the effect of a chemical substance in the body. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser, and it belongs to a class of benzodiazepines(depressants). This medicine helps in stabilising mood and improving behaviour. The dose of Szetalo Ls Tablet should be carefully monitored in everyone, especially in older patients and patients with liver and kidney disorders. This medicine should also be monitored because it can cause physical dependence and has habit-forming potential. You should tell your doctor all the medication you are taking, as it can interact with them and have unwanted side effects of Szetalo Ls Tablet.
|You Save||₹17.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Citalopram(10.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, Memory problems, Drowsiness, Weight gain, Loss of appetite.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Szetalo Ls Tablet
- As per CDSCO, Szetalo Ls tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of the symptoms of comorbid depression (depression associated with other disorders).
- Treatment of anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and other mood disorders.
Contraindications of Szetalo Ls Tablet
- If you have an allergic reaction to any of the components of Szetalo Ls tablet.
- If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addiction, mental health disorder, depression, etc.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are using other anti-anxiety or sedatives, they can interfere with the Szetalo Ls tablet and cause adverse reactions.
- If you are driving, it can impair your driving ability.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma (an eye condition that causes high fluid pressure inside the eye).
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
Side effects of Szetalo Ls Tablet
- Stomach issues
- Slow heart rate
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Memory problems
- Uncoordinated movements
Precautions and Warnings of Szetalo Ls Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are under 18 years of age; there are few studies on this medicine's safety in children. Do not take this medicine without consulting with a doctor.
- You experience persistent side effects.
- You are an older adult over 65; this medicine can cause increased side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have a respiratory disease; use this medicine with caution.
- You are doing something that requires focus; this medicine can affect focus and cause drowsiness.
- You are using Ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements, notify your doctor as some can cause serious side effects when taken with Szetalo Ls tablets.
Mode of Action of Szetalo Ls Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Szetalo Ls Tablet
- Take Szetalo Ls tablet exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of this medicine, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Try not to break this tablet or chew it.
- Take it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take Szetalo Ls tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use these tablets if their packaging is damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop using the medicine to avoid the side effects of Szetalo Ls.
- Szetalo Ls tablet can be taken with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after food.
Interactions of Szetalo Ls Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-anxiety and mood disorder medicines such as linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc., combined with the Szetalo Ls tablet, can cause severe reactions. They inhibit serotonin metabolism and can result in serotonin levels that are high enough to produce heart and neurotoxic serotonin syndrome....
- Do not use other antidepressant medicines like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, etc., with Szetalo Ls tablet, as this combination can also increase the levels of serotonin, which can lead to Serotonin toxicity and cause life-threatening side effects....
- Do not take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as allergy, cold and cough medicine, opiates, or narcotic pain relievers with Szetalo Ls tablet. These medicines can increase the side effects of Szetalo Ls tablets and cause extreme drowsiness....
- If you have bleeding issues or take blood thinner medicines, use Szetalo Ls tablet with caution as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you are already using antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as these medicines can increase the side effects of Szetalo Ls tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid tyramine rich food products such as cheese, milk, beef, chicken liver, meat extract, avocados, bananas, canned figs, soybeans and excess chocolate. It can result in sudden and dangerous increases in blood pressure....
- Try to avoid drinking grapefruit juice while you are taking Szetalo Ls tablet plus medication, as it can increase the levels of clonazepam in your blood.
Storage and disposal of Szetalo Ls Tablet
Dosage of Szetalo Ls Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Szetalo Ls tablet for a long time?
Q: Can Szetalo Ls tablets cause any changes to sexual desire?
Q: Can I gain weight while using the Szetalo Ls tablets?
- Landy K. Escitalopram [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- Kakde RB, Satone DD. Spectophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of escitalopram oxalate and Clonazepam in tablet dosage form [Internet]. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. Medknow Publications; 2009 [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- Dar SA, Bhat BA, Jan MM. Addition of benzodiazepines to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors to optimize treatment of depression: A hospital based study [Internet]. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from: