Supirocin Oint 5gm
Supirocin 2 %W/W Description
Supirocin Ointment is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It contains mupirocin as active ingredient. This Ointment works by inhibiting the growth and spread of
infection causing bacteria. Supirocin Ointment is meant for external application only and should be applied as directed by the doctor.
Uses of Supirocin 2 %W/W
Contraindications of Supirocin 2 %W/W
Side effects of Supirocin 2 %W/W
Precautions and Warnings of Supirocin 2 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- You are applying Supirocin Ointment on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin, or on a larger skin area.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Ointment, Ointment, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this Ointment for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
Mode of Action of Supirocin 2 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Supirocin 2 %W/W
- Supirocin Ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Supirocin 2 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Supirocin 2 %W/W
- Store Supirocin Ointment at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Supirocin 2 %W/W
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Supirocin Ointment be used for fungal infections?
Q: Does Supirocin Ointment contain a steroid?
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]