Supermet Xl 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Supermet Xl 50 MG Description
Supermet Xl Tablet is used to treat chest pain (angina), high blood pressure and heart failure. It contains metoprolol as its active ingredient. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of y
our diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹13.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metoprolol Tartarate(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, chest pain, heart failure|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, fatigue, diarrhoea, unusual dreams, sleeplessness|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol Tartarate(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Supermet Xl 50 MG
Supermet Xl Tablet uses include treating chest pain (angina), high blood pressure, heart failure, kidney problems and migraine.
Contraindications of Supermet Xl 50 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredients of Supermet Xl Tablet
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you have asthma.
- If you have a condition of untreated heart failure.
Side effects of Supermet Xl 50 MG
- Unusual dreams
- Loss of control of body movements
- Visual problems.
Precautions and Warnings of Supermet Xl 50 MG
Can I take Supermet Xl Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Supermet Xl Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential.
Can I take Supermet Xl Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Supermet Xl Tablet passes into breast milk. Avoid its use while breastfeeding, but if your healthcare provider feels it is necessary to be taken, then can be consumed with proper precautions.
Can I drive if I have consumed Supermet Xl Tablet?
It is better to avoid driving as you may feel dizzy and sleepy due to Supermet Xl Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Supermet Xl Tablet?
Alcohol interacts with Supermet Xl Tablet and may increase sleepiness or lower the blood pressure excessively, so avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have asthma or you are suffering from diabetes You have an overactive thyroid gland You have blood circulation problems You have liver or kidney problems You have had heart surgery in the last 4 months You are suffering from the condition psoriasis (a skin disorder) You have problems with your heart like heart failure, heart attack, etc Supermet Xl Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age...
Mode of Action of Supermet Xl 50 MG
How Does It Work?
The main role of Supermet Xl Tablet is to slow down the heart rate and relax the blood vessels. Due to this, the heart doesn’t have to work hard to pump blood.
Directions for Use of Supermet Xl 50 MG
- Supermet Xl Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with meals or after meals.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Supermet Xl 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Supermet Xl Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines used in the treatment of epilepsy such as phenobarbital, amlodipine (used in heart conditions), diclofenac (used to treat pain and fever), fluoxetine (used in the treatment of mental health illness), antipsychotic medicines, antiretroviral like ritonavir, diphenhydramine, which is an antihistamine, hydroxychloroquine (used in the treatment of malaria) and antifungals....
Interactions with food items
Supermet Xl Tablet should be avoided with apple, grapefruit and orange juice as it reacts with them.
Storage and disposal of Supermet Xl 50 MG
- Supermet Xl Tablets should be stored at room temperature. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid keeping in places where there is too much sunlight, heat or moisture. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Supermet Xl 50 MG
Overdosing may cause the symptoms like loss of energy, breathing disorders, whistling sounds from the chest while breathing (wheezing), excessive slowing of heartbeats, swelling of hands, feet, lower legs, ankles, shakiness or dizziness, blurring of vision, headache, colour becomes pale, numbness and tingling sensation felt in the mouth. You must immediately inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital,...
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop Supermet Xl Tablet on my own?
A: One must never stop Supermet Xl Tablet without consulting a doctor. If you stop it suddenly, then adverse effects like irregular heartbeat, chest pain or heart attack may occur.
Q: What special precautions should I follow when I am taking Supermet Xl Tablet?
A: While taking this medicine if you experience any symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, chest pain, dizziness, vision problem, sexual dysfunction, slowing down of heart rate and syncope, then it should be immediately reported to the doctor so that the dose can be adjusted according to the blood pressure, heart rate and drug concentration in the serum.
Q: What should I inform my doctor before I starting Supermet Xl Tablet?
A: The healthcare provider should be well informed about any pre-existing disease conditions like thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, liver or kidney diseases. Inform the doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should inform about their pregnancy status, use of any birth control pills or if they have a history of high blood pressure during pregnancy.
Q: How should I store Supermet Xl Tablets?
A: Do not keep the medicine under direct sunlight or a place where there is too much heat or moisture. Keep away from the reach of children. Keep the medicine at room temperature.
- Metoprolol Tartrate Oral - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Metoprolol tartrate 50 mg filmcoated tablets Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Drugs and lactation database (LactMed). Bethesda, MD: National Library of Medicine; 2006.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed