Sucrafil O Gel
Sucrafil O gel is an oral suspension. It is used in the treatment of ulcers and prevents the reoccurrence of ulcers in the stomach and intestine. Sucrafil O gel is a combination medicine containing s
ucralfate and oxetacaine as its active ingredients. It also provides relief from acidity and heartburn. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor, do not exceed the recommended dose or take it for too long. Along with taking this medicine, your doctor may recommend lifestyle and dietary changes for persons with ulcers until complete healing occurs. One should eat a healthy balanced diet, avoid food that causes stomach discomfort, and cut off on alcohol, tobacco and caffeine.
|Contains||Sucralfate(500.0 Mg) + Oxetacaine / Oxethazaince(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Ulcer, heartburn, acidity|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, increased thirst, headache|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-FLATULENT|
Uses of SUCRAFIL O GEL
- Stomach ulcer
- Acidity and heartburn
Contraindications of SUCRAFIL O GEL
- If you are allergic to Sucralfate, Oxetacaine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of SUCRAFIL O GEL
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of SUCRAFIL O GEL
Other General Warnings
- You have severe kidney-related disorders
- You are undergoing dialysis
- You are taking magnesium-containing antacids for a prolonged period
- You experience defective bone growth, soft bones or brain-related disorder due to aluminium toxicity
- You are diabetic and experience rise in blood glucose levels
Directions for Use of SUCRAFIL O GEL
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle
- Take it on empty stomach
Storage and disposal of SUCRAFIL O GEL
- Store at room temperature
- Keep it away from sunlight and heat
- Keep away from children and pets
Quick Tips of SUCRAFIL O GEL
- Sucrafil O gel is an antacid and antiflatulent. It is used for instant relief from symptoms such as acidity, heartburn and pain due to post-meal acid reflux and for prevention of the recurrence of ulcers in the stomach and intestine. It contains a combination of sucralfate and oxetacaine as the active ingredient....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration prescribed by the doctor or pharmacist. It is best to take it before meals. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Sucrafil O gel, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Avoid spicy foods because they can cause excessive acidity.
- Dry mouth, diarrhoea, headache, dizziness and loss of appetite can occur as side effects of Sucrafil O gel in some individuals. These symptoms usually go away on their own.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking this medicine, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of SUCRAFIL O GEL
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of SUCRAFIL O GEL
How Does It Work?
- Sucrafil O gel is a combination of Sucralfate and Oxetacaine.
- Sucralfate protects the digestive tract from the damaging effects of acids in the stomach, alcohol, and medicinal substances like aspirin and promotes the healing of ulcers.
- Oxetacaine acts as a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers
Interactions of SUCRAFIL O GEL
Interactions with other medicines
- Sucrafil O gel may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- Concomitant use of Anti-ulcer medicines like Cimetidine and Ranitidine with Sucrafil O gel decreases the effect of anti-ulcer medicines.
- Medicine used for heart failure such as Digoxin, antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin, antifungal medicines such as Ketoconazole, and medicine used to treat irregular heartbeats like Quinidine may interact with Sucrafil O gel....
- The effect of Levothyroxine, a medicine used in case of reduced thyroid hormone levels, is decreased when used with Sucrafil O gel.
- The effect of Antibiotics known as Tetracyclines & Minocycline is decreased when used with this medicine.
- This medicine can decrease the effect of Theophylline which is used for asthma and breathlessness when used concomitantly.
- Sucrafil O decreases the effect of Phenytoin (a medicine used to control fits) when used together.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Sucrafil O gel to a 7-year-old child?
Q: Can I use Sucrafil O gel for acidity?
Q: I am diabetic. Can I use Sucrafil O gel?
Q: What are the foods to be avoided during acidity or when ulcers are present?
Q: How should I take Sucrafil O gel?
Q: Can I drink water after taking Sucrafil syrup?
Q: Can I take Sucrafil syrup for a longer duration?
Q: How can I take Sucrafil O gel, before or after food?
Q: Can I take Sucrafil O gel for throat infection?
Q: Is Sucrafil O gel safe in pregnancy?
- CARAFATE® (sucralfate) Oral Suspension [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- Strocain 5mg [Internet]. Lokan.com.tw. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- Oxethazaine - HMIS Online [Internet]. Hmis.online. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- Oxethazaine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]