Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Stugil tablet contains is a combination of cinnarizine and domperidone. It is used to treat vertigo. It prevents nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting, and the sensation of fullness associated with v
ertigo. Take this medicine exactly as directed by the doctor. It should be swallowed with a glass of water before your meals. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking. This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years.
- Vertidom TabletBy Geno Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 76.5043% CHEAPER₹ 7.65/Tablet
Uses of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to cinnarizine, domperidone, or any of the ingredients of Stugil tablet.
- If you have a history of bleeding or obstruction in the digestive tract.
- If you have black stools or notice blood in your stools.
- If you have a history of tumour in the pituitary gland.
- If you have problems with your liver or heart.
- If you are suffering from a birth defect known as phenylketonuria.
- If you have a condition that gives you a low level of potassium or magnesium, or a high level of potassium in your blood.
Side effects of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have Parkinson's disease.
- You have a blood condition called porphyria.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You have heart disease or AIDS.
- You are above 60 years.
- You weigh less than 35 kgs.
Mode of Action of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Stugil tablet works by the combined action of cinnarizine and domperidone.
- Cinnarizine acts as a labyrinthine sedative and prevents the constriction of blood vessels in the inner ear. This improves the blood flow and microcirculation within the inner ear.
- Domperidone acts as antiemetic and increases the contraction of the muscles of the GI tract.
Directions for Use of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It must be taken on an empty stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Stugil tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with digoxin, aspirin, paracetamol, diazepam, and phenothiazine can alter the effects of this medicine.
- Medicines like atropine, ipratropium bromide, scopolamine, codeine, or morphine should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Stugil tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Stugil Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Stugil tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I drive my car while on treatment with Stugil tablet?
- Stugil tablet is known to cause side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, tiredness, visual abnormalities. Hence you should avoid driving if you experience any of these symptoms.
- If you feel dizzy, it is better to rest for some time and resume once you feel better.
Q: Can I take Stugil tablet when pregnant?
Q: Does Stugil tablet make you sleepy?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- MIMS. Cinnarizine and Domperidone: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- Drugsupdate.com. Cinnarizine and Domperidone. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- Cinnarizine 15 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]