Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup Description
Soventus Jr Syrup is a combination of Ambroxol, guaiphenesin and terbutaline, as its active ingredients. It is used to treat cough associated with infections in the airways, asthma, shortness of brea
th and lung infections. This medicine helps in the expulsion of mucous and reduces cough and breathlessness. This medicine should be used cautiously if you have liver or kidney-related problems. Also, discuss if you have any other underlying medical conditions before starting the treatment. It is advisable to consult a physician before giving this medicine to children below 6 years. Soventus Jr Syrup should not be given with any other cough or cold medicines. And if you do not feel any relief and persistent cough along with fever and feel other additional symptoms, stop using it and consult a physician.
|₹16.01 (14% on MRP)
|Ambroxol Hydrochloride(10.0 Mg/5ml) + Terbutaline Sulphate(0.5 Mg/5ml) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(25.0 Mg/5ml)
|Wet cough associated with asthma and chronic bronchitis
|Headache, shivering, muscle spasm, irregular heartbeat
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Contraindications of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you have any heart conditions or prone to heart disorders.
Side effects of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Muscle spasm
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have any underlying medical condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, fits, thyroid or other heart diseases.
- You may experience a sudden drop of potassium level in your blood on concomitant treatment. In such situations, a doctor may recommend monitoring potassium serum level closely and ask for specific blood tests....
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- You don't feel any relief in symptoms and your cough lasts for more than 5 days, consult a doctor immediately.
- You are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or having any kind of allergies.
Mode of Action of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- As Soventus Jr Syrup contains different components, any interactions seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions....
- Especially, if you are already taking other cough medicines.
- Concomitant use of Soventus Jr Syrup and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like propranolol should be avoided as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are already taking medicines to treat heart problem and blood pressure-related problems.
- Antipsychotic medicines like phenelzine, selegiline can increase the effect of Soventus Jr Syrup when used together, which may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Soventus Jr Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take this medicine during dry cough?
Q: What is an expectorant?
Q: Is Soventus Jr Syrup a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Is it safe for children?
Q: What kind of food should I avoid?
Q: What if one stops taking Soventus Jr Syrup?
- CDSCO. Ambroxol / Guaiphenesin / Terbutaline. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Webmd. Guaiphenesin. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Drugs.com. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Drugs.com. Terbutaline. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Brincanyl. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Ciplamed. PI. Cheston plus Syrup [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)