Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Soventus Jr Syrup is a combination of Ambroxol, guaiphenesin and terbutaline, as its active ingredients. It is used to treat cough associated with infections in the airways, asthma, shortness of breath and lung infections. This medicine helps in the expulsion of mucous and reduces cough and breathlessness. This medicine should be used cautiously if you have liver or kidney-related problems. Also, discuss if you have any other underlying medical conditions before starting the treatment. It is advisable to consult a physician before giving this medicine to children below 6 years. Soventus Jr Syrup should not be given with any other cough or cold medicines. And if you do not feel any relief and persistent cough along with fever and feel other additional symptoms, stop using it and consult a physician.
Uses of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
To relieve symptoms of acute asthma attacks and airways blockage in the case of lung infection.
Contraindications of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you have any heart conditions or prone to heart disorders.
Side effects of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
- Muscle spasm
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
Can I take Soventus Jr Syrup during pregnancy?
It is not safe to use this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommendedto avoid this medicine during pregnancy and use this only if it is prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take Soventus Jr Syrup while breastfeeding?
This medicine is secreted into the breastmilk and may cause unwanted effects in the newborn baby. Hence, it is recommneded to avoid this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Soventus Jr Syrup?
It has no effect on driving ability. However, if you experience any side effects be cautious while driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Soventus Jr Syrup?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have any underlying medical condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, fits, thyroid or other heart diseases.
- You may experience a sudden drop of potassium level in your blood on concomitant treatment. In such situations, a doctor may recommend monitoring potassium serum level closely and ask for specific blood tests.read less
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- You don't feel any relief in symptoms and your cough lasts for more than 5 days, consult a doctor immediately.
- You are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or having any kind of allergies.
Mode of Action of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
How Does It Work?
Ambroxol acts as a mucolytic agent. It works by loosening/thinning up the mucous in the respiratory passages and makes the mucous less sticky. Thereby helps in removing the cough out. Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and helps make breathing easier. Guaifenesin is an expectorant; it helps thin the mucous in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways. Soventus Jr Syrup works by the combined action of its three components and helps in easing the symptoms of bronchospasm (spasm or constriction in the airways).
Directions for Use of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- As Soventus Jr Syrup contains different components, any interactions seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.read less
- Especially, if you are already taking other cough medicines.
- Concomitant use of Soventus Jr Syrup and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like propranolol should be avoided as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are already taking medicines to treat heart problem and blood pressure-related problems.
- Antipsychotic medicines like phenelzine, selegiline can increase the effect of Soventus Jr Syrup when used together, which may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Soventus Jr Syp 60ml
Symptoms of an overdose include headache, anxiety, fits, abdominal cramps, irregular heartbeats. Sometimes, a drop in blood pressure. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Soventus Jr Syrup without consulting your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take this medicine during dry cough?
A: This medicine is generally used for wet cough only. It helps to loosen up the mucous so that it can be removed easily through coughing. Your doctor will suggest you this medicine after examining you only, whether it's a dry cough or wet cough.
Q: What is an expectorant?
A: An ‘expectorant’ is any medicine that expels the sputum (phlegm or mucous) from your airways to the outside by the way of cough. Productive or chesty cough (cough with sputum) results when secretions of the airways are increased due to viral or bacterial infections or dust, pollen or other allergies. The secretions will mix with other cells and substances in the airways and congest the airways causing tightness in the chest, problematic breathing and cough. The body wants to expel these secretions by way of cough. Soventus Jr Syrup thins down the secretions and increases cough by which will relieve the congestion of the airways. This medicine is proven to be safe and efficient for the treatment of cough associated with chest congestion.
Q: Is Soventus Jr Syrup a habit-forming medicine?
A: Soventus Jr Syrup does not contain any substances reported to become habit-forming. However, it is advised that this syrup should not be used for more than the prescribed time. It also should not be used in any cough without consultation from a registered medical practitioner.
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: In the prescribed doses, Soventus Jr Syrup for babies is relatively safe. However, children should not be started this syrup without consulting a child health specialist who will decide the dosage to be given.
Q: What kind of food should I avoid?
A: It is recommended to avoid spicy, cold and oily foodstuffs to avoid irritation in the throat.
Q: What if one stops taking Soventus Jr Syrup?
A: If Soventus Jr Syrup is stopped before the prescribed time, this may affect the effectiveness of this medicine and may lead to cough not being cured. Also, it is advisable not to start this syrup on one’s own wish without having a proper consultation with one’s treating physician.
- CDSCO. Ambroxol / Guaiphenesin / Terbutaline. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Webmd. Guaiphenesin. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Drugs.com. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Drugs.com. Terbutaline. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Brincanyl. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
- Ciplamed. PI. Cheston plus Syrup [Accessed on 31-Mar-2021](online)
|You Save||₹17.24 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ambroxol(10.0 Mg),Terbutaline(0.5 Mg),Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(25.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough associated with asthma and chronic bronchitis|
|Side effects||Headache, shivering, muscle spasm, irregular heartbeat|
Last Updated on: 06 Apr 2021 | 06:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved