Sotret 5mg Capsule
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Sotret 5mg Cap is an anti-acne medication that consists of isotretinoin. It is used to treat severe acne and as part of the treatment of skin cancer.
Uses of Sotret 5mg Cap
The uses of Sotret 5mg Cap include the treatment of severe acne and skin cancer.
Contraindications of Sotret 5mg Cap
- Isotretinoin allergy
- Children below 12 years of age
- Liver disease
- High cholesterol
- High levels of vitamin A
- Tetracycline antibiotics
Side effects of Sotret 5mg Cap
The use of Sotret 5mg Cap can cause the following side effects: chapped lips; dizziness or drowsiness; dry eyes, mouth, and skin; dry nose along with nose bleeding; headache; severe acne; kidney problems; jaundice; abnormal hair growth; bleeding red gums; bone pain; hearing impairment; visual impairment; psychological disturbance with suicidal tendency; stomach and pancreatic problems; growth problem in children.
Precautions and Warnings of Sotret 5mg Cap
Can I take Sotret 5mg Cap during pregnancy?
No. Sotret 5mg Cap is not to be used during pregnancy as it is known to cause severe birth defects. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning on becoming pregnant. If you are sexually active, your doctor might advise strong contraception to ensure that you do not get pregnant while you are taking this medicine.
Can I take Sotret 5mg Cap while breastfeeding?
No, do not take the medicine if you are breastfeeding as the medicine passes into breastmilk and can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sotret 5mg Cap?
Yes, you can. However, the medicine can cause drowsiness, dizziness, and visual impairment. Be cautious when you drive after taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Sotret 5mg Cap?
Consumption of alcohol with Sotret 5mg Cap is not advisable as the combination causes an increased heart rate, nausea, and vomiting.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Women of childbearing age must strictly use contraception as the medicine can cause severe birth defects
- Do not plan a pregnancy immediately after you stop taking this medicine because the medicine will still be in your blood
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience depressive or suicidal tendencies
- Limit sun exposure as this medicine increases sensitivity to sunlight
- Immediately stop the medication if headache and vomiting are observed
Mode of Action of Sotret 5mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Sotret 5mg Cap reduces the amount of oil excreted by oil glands in the skin, as a high amount of oil can lead to severe acne. It also aids in the quick renewal of the skin.
Directions for Use of Sotret 5mg Cap
Isotretinoin capsules are to be swallowed whole and are usually consumed twice daily or as adviced by your doctor.
Interactions of Sotret 5mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
Sotret 5mg Cap interacts with other medicines like tetracycline (results in an additive effect), progesterone (reduces its impact), vitamin A (causes an overdose), and anti-convulsion medicine (becomes less effective).
Interactions with food items
Consumption of the medicine on an empty stomach increases heartburn. Oily and junk food can reduce the effect of the medicine.
Other general Interactions
Enough data is not available. Consult your doctor for more details.
Storage and disposal of Sotret 5mg Cap
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of the medicine appropriately
- Do not dispose of down the toilet or drain
Dosage of Sotret 5mg Cap
The dosage of Sotret 5mg Cap should be as prescribed by your doctor. The symptoms of an overdose are dizziness, facial flushing, headache, loss of balance, stomach ache, and vomiting. Seek medical assistance if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. Do not double the dosage to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sotret 5mg Cap be taken without prescription?
A: The medicine must not be taken without a prescription. You will also need a prescription if you are to continue taking the medicine after your first prescription is over.
Q: What if pregnancy is detected while taking the medicine?
- Immediately stop taking the medicine and inform your doctor about your pregnancy. The medicine can cause severe harm to the unborn baby.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. ISOTRETINOIN 10 MG CAPSULES.
- Drugs and Lactation Database. Isotretinoin.
- WebMD. Sotret capsule.
- DailyMed. Label: SOTRET- isotretinoin capsule, gelatin coated SOTRET- isotretinoin capsule, liquid filled.
- Layton A. The use of isotretnoin in acne. 2009.
- MedlinePlus. Isotretinoin.
Other Variants for
Sotret 5mg Cap
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved