Solomycin 100mg Tab
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Solomycin Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, throat, airways, skin, eye and genital. It contains dox
ycycline as an active ingredient. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that belongs to a group of medicines called tetracycline antibiotics. Solomycin Tablet or any antibiotic should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective for future treatment. Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection. This medicine should not be used during tooth development (last half of pregnancy; infancy and childhood to the age of 8 years) as it may cause permanent discolouration of the teeth (yellow-grey-brown)....
Uses of Solomycin 100mg Tab
For the treatment of bacterial infections associated with lungs, throat, airways, eye, skin, genitals, urinary tract, intestine etc.
Contraindications of Solomycin 100mg Tab
- If you are allergic to doxycycline or any other components of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Solomycin 100mg Tab
- Sensitivity to light
- Urge to scratch
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Solomycin 100mg Tab
Can I take Solomycin Tablet during pregnancy?
Solomycin Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it can affect the teeth and bone structure of the fetus.
Can I take Solomycin Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of this medicine pass into breast milk and may cause permanent discolouration of the teeth. Hence should not be used by a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Solomycin Tablet?
Solomycin Tablet may not affect your ability to drive but you are advised not to drive if you experience any side effects such as blurred vision or any other visual disturbances.
Can I consume alcohol with Solomycin Tablet?
Solomycin Tablet interacts with alcohol and increases the intensity of unwanted effects of alcohol. Hence, it is advised to avoid alcohol while taking this medicine. Do not take alcohol for at least 48 hours before or after stopping this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney-related problem, muscle weakness etc., as caution is advised in such health conditions.
- You experience skin reactions. The doctor may discontinue the treatment and start an alternate therapy.
- You have a genetic disorder of blood resulting in defective haemoglobin, purple patches on the skin and nerve damage (porphyria).
- You have a disorder of the immune system causing rashes on the face, fever, joint and body pains, hair loss (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- It is advised to avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight because it can make your skin more prone to sunburn reactions during the treatment.
- You are already taking oral retinoids or isotretinoin, as it may increase the risk of increased pressure inside the brain.
- You may have diarrhoea after using this medicine.
- This medicine should not be used during tooth development (last half of pregnancy; infancy and childhood to the age of 8 years) as it may cause permanent discolouration of the teeth (yellow-grey-brown)....Read more
Mode of Action of Solomycin 100mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Solomycin Tablet interferes with the formation of proteins, which are essential for the survival and growth of bacteria. This prevents bacterial replication and thus control the infection.
Directions for Use of Solomycin 100mg Tab
- Solomycin Tablet should be taken as a whole with sufficient water.
- You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Solomycin 100mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Solomycin Tablet or Solomycin itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- Especially if you are on certain medications such as medicines used to treat brain-related disorders like alprazolam, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines used to treat acne like isotretinoin, oral contraceptives, anticoagulants (like warfarin and heparin), penicillin antibiotics, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin etc....Read more
- Antacids and other certain supplements containing iron, calcium etc. should not be taken simultaneously with Solomycin Tablet. There should be a gap of at least 2 hours.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Solomycin 100mg Tab
- Store the medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Solomycin 100mg Tab
Overdose may increase the side effect of this medicine. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and experience any unusual symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest
Missed a Dose
It would be best if you took the doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, the
n skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Solomycin Tablet be taken for the long term?
A: No, these tablets should only be consumed for the duration advised by your doctor. If you use it for more or less duration than prescribed, there are chances that the next dose of this medicine won’t be effective due to bacteria's development of resistance.
Q: For how long do I need to take Solomycin Tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare professional before I start the treatment with Solomycin Tablet?
A: Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor about your medical history including allergies, stomach ulcers (past or active), asthma, problems with the heart, liver or kidney; also mention all the medicines, herbal preparations, supplements you take.
Q: At what time should I take this medicine?
A: Solomycin Tablet should be taken with a meal and a glass of water or milk as prescribed by your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 30 Apr 2021 | 07:55 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved