Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
Solidose Oral Drops 15ml Description
Solidose Oral Drop are used by children for the treatment of the common cold and cough associated with fever. It helps in relieving fever, cough, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of nose and th
oat and airways. It is a combination medicine containing chlorpheniramine, paracetamol and phenylephrine. Paracetamol is an antipyretic and analgesic, chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic and phenylephrine is a decongestant. Solidose Oral Drop are designed to be used only by children. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child.
|You Save||₹6.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine + Paracetamol + Phenylephrine|
|Uses||Common cold, cough, pain, fever|
|Side effects||Rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
Contraindications of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
- If your child is allergic to Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol and Phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of Solidose Oral Drop.
- If your child has high blood pressure or heart disorder, thyroid problem or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate.
Side effects of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
Precautions and Warnings of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child develops any skin rashes & allergic symptoms after taking Solidose Oral Drop.
- Your child has a history of severe allergic reactions.
- Your child is taking any other medicines containing paracetamol.
- Your child has a kidney or liver problem.
- Your child is suffering from diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism.
- Your child has any heart problems.
- Your child has epilepsy and experiences frequent fits and tremors.
- Your child is suffering from an eye condition called closed-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
- Solidose Oral Drop work by the combined action of its three components- Paracetamol, Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which is responsible for pain and inflammation and also acts on heat-regulating centres and reduces body heat to control fever.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction. Thus, helps in controlling allergic symptoms such as runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, etc....
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage. Hence, it improves the condition of nasal congestion and makes breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
- Give Solidose Oral Drop to your child as instructed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before use.
- Always use a dropper for exact quantities
- Do not give it directly from the bottle, use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Solidose Oral Drop work, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders such as Rasagiline, Methyldopa & Clomipramine, medicines used to relax the airways such as Epinephrine, Reserpine and medicines used to treat heart conditions like Veratridine and Reserpine should be used cautiously....
- Other medicines containing Paracetamol or any topical decongestant containing Phenylephrine should not be used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
- Store Solidose Oral Drop below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Solidose Oral Drops 15ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Solidose an antibiotic?
Q: Can Solidose Oral Drop be used for running nose?
Q: Can I give Solidose Oral Drop for a month old baby?
Q: What are the uses of Solidose Oral Drop?
Q: Is Solidose an antibiotic?
- Sinarest Oral Drops [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022].
- Paracetamol Phenylephrine Chlorpheniramine Suspension Manufactu [Internet]. https://wellonapharma.com/. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Paracetamol, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride, Chlorpheniramine maleate, Sodium Citrate & Menthol Syrup - Krosyl Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd. [Internet]. Krosyl Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]