Sn 15 Plus Tablet
Sn 15 Plus Tablet Description
SN 15 Plus tablet is a pain-relieving medicine. It is used for the treatment of pain that lasts for a short duration. It contains diclofenac and serratiopeptidase as active substances. SN 15 Plus tab
let works by preventing the action of inflammatory mediators and promotes healing. You should not take this medicine if you have a liver or kidney disorder, stomach ulcer, or if you are pregnant. You should take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as advised by your doctor, preferably after meals. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Do not take this medicine for relieving pain before, during, or after cardiac bypass surgery.
- Arflur 3d Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 78.50₹ 78.5021.03% CHEAPER₹ 7.85/Tablet
Uses of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
Contraindications of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to diclofenac, serratiopeptidase, or any ingredient of SN 15 Plus tablet.
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure or high blood pressure.
- If you have problems with kidney or liver function.
- If you are pregnant or elderly (65 years of age or older).
- If you are experiencing bleeding from the stomach or intestine or have an active peptic ulcer.
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes, or any other allergy.
Side effects of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
- SN 15 Plus tablet can be taken during pregnancy only if recommended by your doctor. This medicine is contraindicated during the last three months of pregnancy.
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver disorders.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You experience skin rashes, allergies, and lesions after taking this medicine.
- You have high blood pressure and other heart-related disorders such as heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient and have a kidney disorder.
- You have stomach/intestinal ulcers or have perforations/bleeding problems in any part of the gastrointestinal tract.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You have a condition called Crohn's disease (inflammatory bowel disease).
- You have asthma.
Mode of Action of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- SN 15 Plus tablet works by the combined action of its two components - diclofenac and serratiopeptidase.
- Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID) that prevents the synthesis of prostaglandins which are responsible for causing pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme that helps in breaking down or dissolving the abnormal proteins at the site of inflammation and promotes healing.
Directions for Use of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
- Take SN 15 Plus tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way SN 15 Plus tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Do not take any other medicines containing diclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- SN 15 Plus tablet can interfere with the action of medicines used to control high blood pressure.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat, and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits/seizures and brain disorders such as phenobarbital, phenytoin, and clonazepam should be used cautiously.
- Medicines used for managing cholesterol imbalance such as colestipol and cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-6 hours.
- SN 15 Plus tablet should not be taken for 2 weeks after the administration of a medicine containing mifepristone.
- Water pills and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and cyclosporine can lead to kidney damage if taken along with SN 15 Plus tablet.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure such as digoxin.
- This tablet can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate if taken together and can increase the risk of side effects.
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if blood-thinning medicines like warfarin and coumarin are taken along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
- Store SN 15 Plus tablet below 30°C away from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Sn 15 Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using SN 15 Plus tablet?
Q: Can I use SN 15 Plus tablet in the stomach ulcer condition?
Q: Can we use SN 15 Plus tablet when trying to conceive?
Q: Is SN 15 Plus tablet a muscle relaxant?
Q: Is SN 15 Plus tablet safe during breastfeeding?
Q: How long does SN 15 Plus tablet take to show its effects?
Q: What is the use of SN 15 Plus tablet?
- Cipzen d Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]
- Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]
- Serrapeptase uses, benefits & dosage - drugs.com herbal database [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]