Smolax M Tablets
By ALLEN DALE BIOSCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Smolax M Tablets Description
Smolax M Tablets is an anti-spasmodic medicine used for the treatment of spasms and pain in the abdomen during or before menses. It is a combination medicine containing dicyclomine and mefenamic acid as its active ingredients. This tablet should not be used for more than 7 days if the pain persists consult your doctor. It preferably should be taken with food or after food. Smolax M Tablets s should not be given to children below 12 years of age....
|You Save||₹7.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Muscle cramps, stomach cramps, period pains, etc.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache|
|Classification||ANALGESIC AND ANTI-SPASMODICS|
Check more medicines with composition as Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
Uses of Smolax M Tablets
Smolax M Tablets is used for relieving stomach cramps and painful menstruation (Dysmenorrhea)
Contraindications of Smolax M Tablets
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, dicyclomine or any other ingredients of the Smolax M Tablets .
- If you have inflammatory bowel disease, bleeding in your stomach and intestines or obstruction in the intestine.
- If you have severe liver, kidney or heart function problems.
- If you have experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- If you have a problem in passing urine or obstruction or blockage in the bladder and kidney.
- If you a condition of weakness in muscles (Myasthenia gravis).
- If you have an eye condition of increased eye pressure (Glaucoma).
- This should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- It should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Smolax M Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Smolax M Tablets
Can I take Smolax M Tablets during pregnancy?
Smolax M Tablets should not be used in a pregnant woman as it can cause abnormalities in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour.
Can I take Smolax M Tablets while breastfeeding?
You can take Smolax M Tablets while breastfeeding as it is usually safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed Smolax M Tablets ?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking Smolax M Tablets. Be cautious while driving or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Smolax M Tablets ?
Though there is no direct interaction of Smolax M Tablets with alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from respiratory disorders like asthma and lung and throat-related disorders.
- You may experience fluid retention and high blood pressure. It should be used cautiously in patients with existing conditions.
- You are suffering from autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue of the body.
- You experience diarrhoea, skin reactions or raised body temperature after taking this .
- You have existing liver and kidney function problems or bleeding disorders of the stomach or intestine.
- You are suffering from fits, epilepsy and seizures.
- You have a prostate-related disorder, ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease) and megacolon (abnormal dilation of the colon).
- Women can experience infertility with the use of this medicine and women who are trying to conceive should also avoid this medicine.
- You experience some brain-related disorders like confusion, hallucinations, tiredness or aggression.
- There is a risk of heart-related disorder, heart failure and stroke after prolonged use of this medicine. It should be used cautiously in patients with the risk of heart disorder.
- Smolax M Tablets should not be used in infants or children below 6 months of age.
Mode of Action of Smolax M Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Mefenamic acid works by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the production of prostaglandins responsible for the pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Dicyclomine acts on smooth muscles of bile duct, uterus, intestine and aids in relieving pain.
Directions for Use of Smolax M Tablets
- Smolax M Tablets s should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Smolax M Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to thin blood such as Warfarin should be used with caution as there are chances of increased bleeding upon longterm use.
- Anti-platelet medicines such as Aspirin or Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with this lead to low blood glucose.
- Smolax M Tablets should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with this .
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, Captopril, Enalapril, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
- Medicines such as Methotrexate and Lithium if taken along with this can lead to toxicity of these medicines.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Tobramycin, Gentamicin, Chloramphenicol, Zidovudine and medicines to treat glaucoma should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may recommend for you to take Smolax M Tablets with or after having your meals.
Storage and disposal of Smolax M Tablets
- Store Smolax M Tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Smolax M Tablets
An overdose of Smolax M Tablets may cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, excitation, coma, drowsiness, ringing sound in the ears, fainting, occasionally fits or convulsions. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can we take Smolax M Tablets in an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine with food or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Q: What does Smolax M Tablets contain?
A: Smolax M Tablets s contain a combination of dicyclomine and mefenamic acid. It is used to relieve menstrual pain and cramps and is also helpful for treating stomach cramps.
Q: When should you not take Smolax M Tablets?
A: You should not take this medicine if you have existing liver and kidney function problems or bleeding disorders of the stomach or intestine. Dose adjustment of Smolax M Tablets may be needed in such medical conditions.
Q: How long can we take Smolax M Tablets?
A: Usually, Smolax M Tablets is taken as per the need. However, it is advised to take this medicine in the exact dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. Overdosing of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, drowsiness, ringing sound in ears, etc. Do not exceed the prescribed dose and duration.
Q: Does Smolax M Tablets have any side effects?
A: Nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating, stomach pain, dizziness, dry mouth, etc. are a few common side effects that can be seen sometimes after taking this medicine. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, everyone doesn't have to experience the same.
- Bentyl Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Ponstan Capsules 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Meftal Spas DS Tablet [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
Apple Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Neem Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
10 Post-Operative Exercises For Appendix
How And Where To Inject Insulin
Who Is Most Vulnerable To The Monkeypox Virus?
Cranberry Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Most Alarming Signs & Symptoms Of Monkeypox Virus
Monkeypox Vaccine: All You Need To Know
Carrot Beetroot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Cucumber Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Watermelon Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Lauki Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
High Cholesterol Diet – Foods To Eat & Avoid!
What Should You Know About Cholesterol Levels?
5 Diabetes Medicine Hacks That No-one Told You About
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
7 Causes Of High Cholesterol That You Should Know!
Does Having Sex Put You At Risk Of Monkeypox?
Is There Any Way To Keep Ourselves Safe From Monkeypox?
5 Yoga Asanas You Should Know To Manage Your Diabetes
Monkeypox: The Latest Disease Gripping The World
Effective Home Remedies For Vaginal Dryness
Natural Home Remedies For Stomach Ulcers
Simple Home Remedies For Skin Allergies and Rashes
Best Home Remedies For Gout
Natural Home Remedies for Arthritis
Best Home Remedies for Sunburn
Effective Home Remedies for Scabies
Natural Home Remedies For Breast Pain
Simple Home Remedies For Puffy Eyes
Natural Home Remedies For Ear Pain
Effective Home Remedies for Bee Sting
Natural Home Remedies For Good Sleep
Best Home Remedies For Smelly Armpits
Sweet Corn: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Green Chilli: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Pomegranate Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Drumstick: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Orange Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Giloy Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Pineapple Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Ash Gourd Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Lemon Water: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Carrot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Beetroot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Potato: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Brinjal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Radish: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Mulberry: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Fruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!