Senorm La Injection 1ml
Senorm La 50 MG Description
Senorm La 1 ml injection is an antipsychotic medicine used to treat schizophrenia and Tourette Syndrome. Schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder in which the affected person experiences delusions, hall
ucinations, and disordered thinking and behaviour. Tourette Syndrome is characterised by uncontrolled movements and noises, also known as tics. The active ingredient in Senorm La 1 ml injection is Haloperidol. The mode of action of Senorm La 1 ml injection is by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that influences thoughts, emotions, and mood. The directions for use of Senorm La 1 ml injection should be strictly followed. It should be administered in a clinical or hospital setting by doctors or trained healthcare professionals. After the injection is given, the affected person should not stand up quickly, as there may be a sudden drop in blood pressure causing lightheadedness or dizziness. Side effects of Senorm La 1 ml injection include sleepiness, dizziness, dry mouth, insomnia (difficulty sleeping), tremors, and mood changes.
|You Save||₹30.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Tourette Syndrome|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Insomnia (difficulty sleeping), Tremor, Mood changes|
Uses of Senorm La 50 MG
- As per CDSCO & USFDA, Senorm La 1 ml injection is used for the treatment of:
- Tourette Syndrome
Contraindications of Senorm La 50 MG
- Do not take Senorm La 1 ml injection or use caution:
- If you are allergic to Haloperidol, the main component of Senorm La 1 ml injection
- If you have Parkinson's disease and are taking anti-Parkinson's medications
- If you have dementia (memory loss)
- If you have an uncontrolled seizure disorder
- If you have a thyroid disorder
- If you have heart disease
- If you have severe kidney or liver diseases
- If you have severe respiratory issues
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Senorm La 50 MG
- Side effects of Senorm La 1 ml injection include:
- Dry mouth
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping)
- Mood changes
Precautions and Warnings of Senorm La 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergic reaction after taking Senorm La 1 ml injection.
- You engage in suicidal ideation or have self-harming thoughts.
- You experience any seizure episodes.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You experience severe and persistent side effects.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, nausea, tremor, sweating, and confusion.
- You use other prescription medications or Ayurvedic/herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Senorm La 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Senorm La 50 MG
- Senorm La 1 ml injection should be administered by a doctor or healthcare professional.
- Senorm La 1 ml injection can be given via an intramuscular (IM) route on the buttocks or per the doctor's instructions.
- This injection should not be administered intravenously (into a vein) or in the spine.
- The concerned healthcare professional should wash their hands thoroughly before administering the injection.
- The vial must be shaken before use.
- Before injection, the injection site must be cleaned with alcohol or disinfectant.
- Senorm La 1 ml injection should not be used unless prescribed by a doctor.
Interactions of Senorm La 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Senorm La 1 ml injection should not be used concomitantly with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, selegiline, rasagiline, etc., as it can cause serious side effects like decreased breathing, low heart rate, etc....
- Senorm La 1 ml injection interaction with anti-anxiety medications like diazepam, clonazepam, chlordiazepoxide, alprazolam, and lorazepam can cause sedation and drowsiness.
- Senorm La 1 ml injection interaction with blood-pressure-lowering medicines like amlodipine, lisinopril, losartan, or metoprolol can lower the blood pressure more than required.
- Interaction of Senorm La 1 ml injection with painkillers like morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, and codeine may lead to extreme sedation and drowsiness.
- Interaction of Senorm La 1 ml injection with anti-Parkinson medicines like levodopa may reduce its effects.
Storage and disposal of Senorm La 50 MG
Dosage of Senorm La 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any alternatives to Senorm La 1 ml injection?
Q: Will I gain weight if I use Senorm La 1 ml injections for the long term?
Q: Can I get addicted to Senorm La 1 ml injections?
- Drugs H. Haloperidol Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- HALDOL: Haloperidol Injection [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- Haloperidol injection [Internet]. uofmhealth.org. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- Haloperidol Injection BP 5mg/ml: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- HALDOL [Internet]. accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. 2022 [cited 10 March 2022]