Sartel 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Sartel 40 MG Description
Sartel 40 tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It contains telmisartan as an active ingredient. Sartel 40 is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to reduce the risk
of heart-related conditions such as stroke, heart attack etc. This medicine works by relaxing the blood vessels by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the constriction of blood vessels. The dose and duration of the treatment of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your condition. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a critical health condition if not treated well can affect other organs or lead to other health-related conditions. Hence it is important to take your medicines on time regularly and incorporate certain lifestyle modifications for effective blood pressure control. Staying active, eating a healthy nutritious diet low in salt and fat, avoiding smoking and limiting alcohol consumption are a few such modifications. Consult your doctor for detailed information and he may suggest to you what suits you the best.
|You Save||₹15.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure, prevention of heart attack & stroke|
|Side effects||Flu-like symptoms, back pain, sinus infection, dizziness|
Uses of Sartel 40 MG
- For the treatment of high blood pressure
- To reduce the risk of heart related conditions such as heart attack or stroke
Contraindications of Sartel 40 MG
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are in second or third trimesters of pregnancy
- If you have blockage in bile duct (a duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder) or liver related disease
- If you have diabetes or severe kidney impairment and you are been treated with aliskiren (medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Sartel 40 MG
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain
- Sinus infection
- Lung and airway infection
Precautions and Warnings of Sartel 40 MG
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby
- This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby
- If you are on this medication and planning pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your prescription can be changed
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhea, vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have adequate about of water and fluids
- You have any heart disorder
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are taking medicines like Ramipril, Lisinopril
Mode of Action of Sartel 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sartel 40 MG
- Sartel 40 tablet should be swallowed with water as directed by your doctor
- Take this medicine at the same time for effective blood pressure control
Interactions of Sartel 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for heart disorders like Digoxin
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids are used to treat an inflamed area of body parts
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Sartel 40 MG
- Sartel 40 tablet does not require any special storage conditions
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Sartel 40 MG
- Overdose symptoms can include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Sartel 40 tablet?
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit salt in the diet, avoid pickles and packaged foods like chips as it contains excess salt.
- Avoid consuming potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol consumption. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.
Q: What is the composition of Sartel 40?
Q: How much time does Sartel 40 take to work?
Q: Is Sartel 40 a blood thinner?
Q: Can Sartel 40 be taken twice a day?
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Telmisartan [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- AG-Telmisartan Tablet [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]