S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets Description
S Vocita Plus tablets are commonly used to treat anxiety along with depression. It contains two chief ingredients, namely clonazepam and citalopram. Clonazepam belongs to a class of medications calle
d benzodiazepines. They work by affecting a neurotransmitter in our brain called GABA(gamma-aminobutyric acid). It helps decrease the hyperactivity of our brain cells and brings a feeling of calmness and peace to the individuals. Citalopram, on the other hand, helps in improving mood by acting on serotonin and increasing its amount. Dosage amount may depend upon person to person. A prescription is needed for this medication. It should be only consumed under the guidance of a well trained medical professional. People with liver or kidney disease should consult a doctor from time to time as dose adjustments may be needed in such patients regularly. If the medicine doesn’t improve your condition, do not abruptly stop using it as it can cause the onset of withdrawal symptoms. Some patients also may have suicidal tendencies as a side effect of this disease. Thus, the caregivers should look after the patients carefully from day to day life. In case of any behaviour change, they should immediately seek medical attention and call the doctor for proper guidance.
|You Save||₹16.17 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, low sexual desire, memory impairment|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
Contraindications of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
- If you have hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines and citalopram
- Patients with the pathology of a liver disease
- Acute narrow-angle glaucoma(a condition of the eye)
- Users of monoamine oxidase inhibitors
Side effects of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
- Low sexual desire
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You witness that the side effects of these medications worsen.
- You should give a brief history of all your previous as well as existing medical conditions to your doctor before using this medication.
- You should consult your doctor before discontinuing this medication.
Mode of Action of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
- S Vocita plus tablets are taken with a glass of water.
- They are swallowed as a whole and can be taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Check the expiry date of medicine diligently before taking it.
Interactions of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The use of the following medications may reduce the effect of S Vocita plus tablets or even increase its side effects. These medications are as follows-
- Anticonvulsants like carbamazepine and brivaracetam
- Barbiturates like belladonna and phenobarbital
- Aspirin may cause fatigue with clonazepam
- Citalopram may cause impairment of memory
- Antianxiety agents like tricyclic antidepressants
Interactions with food items
- No such interactions of S Vocita plus tablets are known yet.
Storage and disposal of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
Dosage of S Vocita Plus 0.5mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)