Rulide Az 250mg Tablet
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rulide Az Tablet is an antibiotic and is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, skin, throat, urinary tract, etc. It contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using Rulide Az Tablet inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rulide Az 250mg Tablet
Uses of Rulide Az 250 MG
Rulide Az Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ears, throat, tonsils, airways, lungs and nasal passage, sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections, infections of the urinary system and genital parts in females....
Contraindications of Rulide Az 250 MG
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class as erythromycin or any ingredient of Rulide Az Tablet.
Side effects of Rulide Az 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rulide Az 250 MG
Can I take Rulide Az Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Rulide Az Tablet, as there is limited safety data available during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Rulide Az Tablet while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin is present in breastmilk in low levels, thus please contact your doctor before using Rulide Az Tablet while breastfeeding. If prescribed by a doctor, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rulide Az Tablet?
Rulide Az Tablet may cause dizziness or fits as side effects, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Rulide Az Tablet?
You must avoid consuming alcohol along with Rulide Az Tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Rulide Az Tablet.
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Rulide Az Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Rulide Az 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin in Rulide Az Tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that cause infection.
Directions for Use of Rulide Az 250 MG
- Rulide Az Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rulide Az 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rulide Az Tablet works, or Rulide Az Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Rulide Az Tablet.
- Medicines used for migraine, and headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Rulide Az 250 MG
- Store Rulide Az Tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Rulide Az 250 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Rulide Az Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Rulide Az Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Rulide Az Tablet?
A: Rulide Az Tablet is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Are there any side effects with Rulide Az Tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upset stomach, etc while using Rulide Az Tablet.
Q: Can I take Rulide Az Tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to a bacterial or a viral infection. Do not take Rulide Az Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Rulide Az Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Rulide Az Tablet before completing the treatment, as it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: Can I take Rulide Az Tablet for fever?
A: Rulide Az Tablet is an antibiotic and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: What is the composition of Rulide Az Tablet?
A: The composition of Rulide Az Tablet is azithromycin as its active ingredient.
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin - Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
Expires on or After